Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Theodolite

Mhks Discuss 'escalating' Threat Posed By Legal Highs

For what it's worth Houghton/Henderson is a grade A bellend and the sooner the people of North Douglas wake up to the fact that he and Henderson/Houghton are one of the worst things that's happened to this Island, the better.

They are the Hale and Pace of North Douglas that's true. Only less funny than Hale and Pace which I would have thought was difficult to achieve but there you go!

More like Fail and Space (between the lugs).

Does anyone else find it unintentionally hilarious? It reminds me of the Brass Eye report on Cake, a fictitious narcotic from Eastern Europe - "One girl threw up her own pelvis...f*cking disgusting!"

You can outlaw legal highs but you can't outlaw stupidity. I mean, Baby Bio is legal but I wouldn't shoot it into my veins.

Cane anything hard enough and it's going to do you a mischief, whether it's drugs or booze or fast food or chocolate...mmm, chocolate.

You mean it was supposed to be serious? lol, it's as fake as Lao's e-mails :)

The IOM newspapers' expose has given me the hardest laugh of the day:

'The energy levels went through the roof, I spent hours cleaning the house with sweat pouring out of me.'

But with prolonged usage very unpleasant symptoms started to appear. She developed terrible constipation, while her fiance had bladder problems.

'We started believing we were being watched, first by the police and later by werewolves or even secret agents...

'I warn teachers and parents to be vigilant,' she said. 'Look out for tiredness, irritability, rashes and gurning.

It is commonly known as meow, merph or bubbles, but 'sniff' in the Isle of Man.

I have heard about meiow, but I also heard it wasn't very good. Worth trying though if it'll help me tidy my room.

Does anyone else find it unintentionally hilarious? It reminds me of the Brass Eye report on Cake, a fictitious narcotic from Eastern Europe - "One girl threw up her own pelvis...f*cking disgusting!"

You can outlaw legal highs but you can't outlaw stupidity. I mean, Baby Bio is legal but I wouldn't shoot it into my veins.

Cane anything hard enough and it's going to do you a mischief, whether it's drugs or booze or fast food or chocolate...mmm, chocolate.

You mean it was supposed to be serious? lol, it's as fake as Lao's e-mails :)

I am with Bees on this one, unless a name is put to this anonymous moron I call complete fake and this story has been made up by someone in order to try and scare the masses into not trying these legal highs......heres a newsflash.....it wont work !! From what I am hearing they are more available than ever and I was offered some at the weekend for the first time whilst out having a drink...declined :cool:

I'm still laughing, I just can't help thinking "Werewolves?" then PMSL. So, funny. werewolves? hahahahahaha

I'm still laughing, I just can't help thinking "Werewolves?" then PMSL. So, funny. werewolves? hahahahahaha

'My son told me about a new designer drug doing the rounds,' she said. 'He said it made him feel euphoric, full of energy and empathy — it sounded like a ball. He said it was perfectly legal so I thought great, why not give it a try, it can't be that harmful.'

Let's play 'spot the parenting problem' as opposed to 'let's make a chemical compound illegal' game........

Regular usage causes rashes and open sores.

And how does that happen, exactly?

Utterly shambolic reporting on the part of IOM Shitpapers.

All that said,

WATCH OUT FOR THE WEREWOLVES!

(Hint - don't go three days without sleep, you fucking muppet.)

'My son told me about a new designer drug doing the rounds,' she said. 'He said it made him feel euphoric, full of energy and empathy — it sounded like a ball. He said it was perfectly legal so I thought great, why not give it a try, it can't be that harmful.'

So the son introduced the Mother to legal highs? Is that the case? As you say there does seem to be a mild parenting issue when your 15 year old comes home and convinces you to shovel shit loads of plant food down your gullet.

What a fuckwitt.

So the son introduced the Mother to legal highs? Is that the case? As you say there does seem to be a mild parenting issue when your 15 year old comes home and convinces you to shovel shit loads of plant food down your gullet.

What a fuckwitt.

This is my point of course.

What's the problem here - the substance itself, or the people involved in the example given?

Alcohol can be utterly ruinous and entirely destructive, and yet most folks manage to enjoy 'a drink or two' now and then without flushing their lives down the toilet - who's suggesting 'the problem drinker' issue gets fixed with prohibition? (It worked really well when the USA tried it.......)

Call me old-fashioned, but if my child came back to the house talking about new designer drugs and how euphoric it was making them feel, I'd sit them down on the sofa and talk things through. I wouldn't, for example, go on a bender with it (and my child) until my body erupted into some kind of Exorcist-esque sores and my face dissolved into candle wax - or whatever hysterical fucking nonsense it was that IOM Tosspapers saw fit to publish.

The most depressing (and brilliant) thing about Brass Eye is that it's turned out to be almost entirely true. (And not just on drugs either, check out the entire series, pretty cheap on DVD these days.)

What's wrong with a/the mother trying it? What difference is there with that and other parents who drink and who children know they do.

if you're going to try it probably not best to run to the papers and basically say

"I am a fucking moron who did some legal highs and then experienced the previously stated side effects, ban this filth as I am not capable of taking responsibility for my own actions because I am a fucking moron"