It's Frosty Tonight So.................................

It's Frosty Tonight So..............................

I've set my eberspacher to warm the van up before I get in in the morning. :P

There's enough salt from living by the sea, wish the dot wouldn't go spraying the stuff all over the place, it makes things rust more.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

o god its started allready the gritter bashing   if you cant manage to drive on a little bit of frost then you need to learn to drive   Just wait till next week if this snow comes

I suspect she might be you.

It surprises me you don't have similar concerns OMF.

Just come back from a walk and it's mighty frosty in Peel already. All the neighbours have newspapers up at their car windows.

(3 Daily Mails, 1 Express and 1 Examiner)

That's just to deter the local dogging club.

Then, pray, why the f*ck are you asking a Manx forum where the gritters are?

Do you not know about the Reciprocal Gritter Arrangement? (GRA?)

Is that where we send gritters to the UK and they send us bendy-buses to block the roads so we don't need gritters?

• 6 years later...

Gritter Spotter Alert!

At the airport this morning the roundabout on the dual carriageway section of the main road had only been gritted for three quarters of its circumference, leaving an ice hazard for those approaching the airport from Castletown. Also, there was no evidence of any grit on the southbound side of the carriage way from Castletown to Gansey.

Port St Mary remained beyond the Arctic Circle with frost everywhere and no gritting.

Saving money on grit may cost lives.

Just come back from a walk and it's mighty frosty in Peel already. All the neighbours have newspapers up at their car windows.

(3 Daily Mails, 1 Express and 1 Examiner)

That's just to deter the local dogging club.

Ooh, there's another Roxanne post that has mysteriously vanished after being quoted. An awful lot of Roxanne's content has been deleted. I wonder why that is? Another good poster gone.

• Like 1

Perhaps another poster who thought twice about using Manx Forums after John Wright stressed that a user's identity can be revealed when they die? I know several prolific posters who have quit MF for that reason.

Pity you haven't. What a packed church that'll be...not.

He is speaking nonsense.

Yes, misinterpreting John. As I recall what John said is something along the lines of once someone is dead they cease to be a member, obviously. Not that they will be identified, more that they are no longer a member. Problem is, of course, if someone identifies a member who they mistakenly believe to be dead then there is a breach. There is also a question of regard for the bereaved.

Just MTP'S ongoing vitupery and hyperbole against the mods.

Yes, misinterpreting John. As I recall what John said is something along the lines of once someone is dead they cease to be a member, obviously. Not that they will be identified, more that they are no longer a member. Problem is, of course, if someone identifies a member who they mistakenly believe to be dead then there is a breach. There is also a question of regard for the bereaved.

Just MTP'S ongoing vitupery and hyperbole against the mods.

Rofl, you lot have really got a bee in your bonnet over this one! I can't think why. Get over it!