New Owners Callow's Yard?

John Wright

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may have you jumper draped "stylishly" over you shoulders but you can't hide the fact it's a chippy!

They do seem to be very stylish chippy users though. Maybe they offer battered salmon and some Pinot Grigio to take out?

Balsamic Vinegar and sea salt on that Sir? I'll just wrap it in yesterday's Guardian for you.

Edited by oldmanxfella

You may have you jumper draped "stylishly" over you shoulders but you can't hide the fact it's a chippy!

At least she's got that "propping up the wall whilst I wait forever for my chips" pose.

Does anyone know about some of these other 'Callow's Yard' projects?. Is the PE Marina going to be where the Marine Laboratories are? It looks like Callow's Yard's aim is to create Marinas wherever possible.

Edited by manshimajin

Does anyone know about some of these other 'Callow's Yard' projects?. Is the PE Marina going to be where the Marine Laboratories are? It looks like Callow's Yard's aim is to create Marinas wherever possible.

Judging by some of the plans, most of it looks like that awkward blend of populuxe and 'folksy' architecture, with none of the merits of either, that seems to be so popular these days. The drawing for Port Erin marina in particular looks like a set left over from a cheap 70's B-move about vikings from outer space.

I like the way that site describes Callow's Yard as an "inner-city regeneration development" as if they're breathing new life into London's most deprived slum areas, and not just slapping a bit of stone cladding and timber on a run-of-the-mill toytown development.

Judging by some of the plans, most of it looks like that awkward blend of populuxe and 'folksy' architecture, with none of the merits of either, that seems to be so popular these days. The drawing for Port Erin marina in particular looks like a set left over from a cheap 70's B-move about vikings from outer space.

I like the way that site describes Callow's Yard as an "inner-city regeneration development" as if they're breathing new life into London's most deprived slum areas, and not just slapping a bit of stone cladding and timber on a run-of-the-mill toytown development.

28 luxury apartments and town houses. I thought it was a hotel with apartments for visitors.

Shades of Mount Murray here.

28 luxury apartments and town houses. I thought it was a hotel with apartments for visitors.

Shades of Mount Murray here.

I was told by an employee of Callows Yard that they were developing holiday apartments, and that was around the time they opened the shops. Has the planning application been changed?