Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
inspector

Snow

that Pierrot Lunaire guy is gonna be all over you like flies round shit now...

Mmm, what's that smell?

I wonder who'll be first to post how great they are at driving and how everybody else is a rubbish driver and how we should all be impelled to drive in such conditions in order to get a license.
i just been in to douglas and back and while the roads are bad its not impossable its the drivers that are at fault.

one place on a hill a 4x4 is stuck and there this little car going up past them, thats the diffrence the way people drive

no i dowt u smell anything.

got to town about 8:20 for fuel, then headed back out of town towed a car up the hill as he was stuck then went to peel, use the back roads no traffic on them.

30mph quite easy if you know how to drive and you look ahead and know the roads and you have a 4x4

Walking back with milk...policeman is stopping all cars at Circular Road and speaking to them. Seems to only be letting the 4x4s down Prospect Hill?

Surely a 4x4 is just as likely to skid going down an icy road as a 2wd car is. Actually being heavier is is probably more likely. It's not as if your average X5 has studded snow tyres on it.

Surely a 4x4 is just as likely to skid going down an icy road as a 2wd car is. Actually being heavier is is probably more likely. It's not as if your average X5 has studded snow tyres on it.

You need to look at the bigger picture.

Surely a 4x4 is just as likely to skid going down an icy road as a 2wd car is.

Exactly what the police spokesman said on MR this morning.

Has anyone heard when richmond is going to be opened ?

Now open, but drive with caution

Ta.

Any guinea pigs tried it yet?

Anyone know how the Peel - Douglas road is doing? Is it passable now? Heard there were long tailbacks for a while...

Disappointing lack of pics from our resident German.

If it helps I saw a car crash up by Port Jack earlier.

You mean this one :rolleyes:

post-529-1262693772_thumb.jpg

Yes.

Not a happy bunny though....

LOL :lol: bad girl

Yes.

Not a happy bunny though....

Hmm still looks like lots of snow on the ground there... best leave it for a bit then. ;)

Can the insurance companies duck out of paying by pointing out gross negligence (stupidity) on the part of the owners for trying to drive cars without winter tyres in the snow and ice?

Walking back with milk...policeman is stopping all cars at Circular Road and speaking to them. Seems to only be letting the 4x4s down Prospect Hill?

well no a 4x4 will go down safe and easy if the driver knows what to do and i mean a 4x4 as one with low box or even an auto suv would be ok that can be locked in first gear

its called low box place in low box and drive slow with feet off the pedals, if you need to stop tap the brakes slighty just keep tapping on and off which should bring u to a stop, if the wheels lock up just apply a bit of power to unlock them,

slow and steady and most ppl should be able to drive about,

the problem lies when the cars or 4x4 decide to go down the hill or up the hill 15 ft behind each other, if you going down or up you shold wait till the hill is clear and then set off.

the problem comes when one car stops and the one behind has to, he never get started.

or if coming down thats when ppl hit.

its quite simple really if you use commen sense,

I was wondering that as well if the police have given advice to only drive if completely necessary.

Can the insurance companies duck out of paying by pointing out gross negligence (stupidity) on the part of the owners for trying to drive cars without winter tyres in the snow and ice?

i dowt it vary much. maybe in norway wheres its law to have them.

i cant see many people buying tyres to sit in the garage for 364 days of the year