Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
inspector

Snow

Great, a fucking decision from the D of E .... 15 mins after left for work.

The crystal ball is so damn unreliable. Saw a few crashes on my way in, and lots of abandoned cars already.

It still amazes me the number of F*&wits who look out the window, see a several inches of snow and then come to the conclusion "Yeah I reckon its worth risking life, limb and property to drive to work".

Police (Inspector Power) are saying don't drive anywhere unless it's absolutely essential. Cars and buses are getting stuck and the odd lorry is jack-knifing. Once a couple of cars get stuck they are all getting stuck behind.

Stay at home is the advice. Another hour or two of snow to come - and things unlikely to start moving until very late morning.

Will someone, for gods sake, please get their wellies on and operate the siren.

Not Good out there at all.

Got from cherry walk to the test centre, then had to park and walk the rest of the way to work at the hospital. NOT VERY PLEASANT AT ALL!!!!! :(

Thinking about heading out from Peel this morning. Doesn't look too bad so far at least in Peel. What are conditions like along main road?

Just had a colleague phone in who turned back at st johns, couldn't get through.

Hum. Maybe wait for a while then... cheers.

Most of our guys are just going to work from home via VPN and IP Phone - I wouldn't fancy a drive into Douglas today.

I drove from Onchan to Laxey a little while ago. Loads of cars stuck in Baldrine (temporary traffic lights in the dip, WTF!) including a couple of 4x4s. Amazed that my little Megane made it without too many problems!

I'm not going in today anyway as I have a stinking cold, but the radio has been saying that Kewaigue is shut, Richmond hill is nigh on unpassable etc so it looks like I wouldn't have been getting in anyway.

All bus services are cancelled.

It still amazes me the number of F*&wits who look out the window, see a several inches of snow and then come to the conclusion "Yeah I reckon its worth risking life, limb and property to drive to work".

I wonder who'll be first to post how great they are at driving and how everybody else is a rubbish driver and how we should all be impelled to drive in such conditions in order to get a license.

Well I'm going to take today off but my wife works nights in Douglas and finishes at 7:30am - she has no option but to try and drive home to Ballaugh.

It's taken her an hour to get to Ballacraine, hopefully the Peel coast road will be less snowy than trying to get over Cronk-y-voddy.

I tested to see if it was safe to drive by scientifically running outside whooping and making a snow angel before returning to my home

I felt it was not safe to drive

I wonder who'll be first to post how great they are at driving and how everybody else is a rubbish driver and how we should all be impelled to drive in such conditions in order to get a license.

I wondered who'd the first arse to come on and say something completly irrelivant.

I was making a comment about using common sense not making out that I was some super human arctic driving ace.

But hey thanks for coming.

They say do not drive until absolutely necessary... but for those who have to work - unless your work place informs you to stay at home, you have a certain obligation to go in! So what to do... haha.

I tested to see if it was safe to drive by scientifically running outside whooping and making a snow angel before returning to my home

I felt it was not safe to drive

Genius.