Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
inspector

Snow

Snow day!

Buses cancelled.

Didn't seem too bad down here, so I went to the stop. Snowing more heavily now.

Says on iom today that the police are advising people not to drive. It's throwing it down here at the moment.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Snow-and-ic...oads.5955347.jp

Typical. First chance to go outside and play in snow for ages and I feel too shit.

man up

They say do not drive until absolutely necessary... but for those who have to work - unless your work place informs you to stay at home, you have a certain obligation to go in! So what to do... haha.

I'm sure most work places would understand if you told them that you felt it was unsafe to drive. Even the Police are advising against driving.

if it's too bad for the buses it's too bad for some schmole

Edited by Rhumsaa

This is quite possibly the quietest I've heard St Judes crossroads in the morning ever!

This is quite possibly the quietest I've heard St Judes crossroads in the morning ever!

like Piccadilly circus normally!

Well I'm going to take today off but my wife works nights in Douglas and finishes at 7:30am - she has no option but to try and drive home to Ballaugh.

She has lots of other options.

I just walked in, it was fine.

They say do not drive until absolutely necessary... but for those who have to work - unless your work place informs you to stay at home, you have a certain obligation to go in! So what to do... haha.

I'm sure most work places would understand if you told them that you felt it was unsafe to drive. Even the Police are advising against driving.

But how about driving from outskirts of Douglas - into Douglas?... not sure how many places would accept that. But I hear Douglas roads are pretty bad. Anyway... off to work now. See what happens...

I wondered who'd the first arse to come on and say something completly irrelivant.

I was making a comment about using common sense not making out that I was some super human arctic driving ace.

But hey thanks for coming.

I wonder how you managed to interpret my comment as being aimed at you. Perhaps your self obsessed character unwittingly forces you to see pairs of letters, such as e and d, which are not actually there, but if their absence is noted, either consciously or subconsciously, makes you draw the unthinkable conclusion that some things just aren't about you. Or maybe you don't read too well.

Well I'm going to take today off but my wife works nights in Douglas and finishes at 7:30am - she has no option but to try and drive home to Ballaugh.

She has lots of other options.

I just walked in, it was fine.

Slim is right she could have walked home

You know nothing of a womans ways Mr Calagon.... if that is indeed half of your internet form name with a Mr inserted in front of it.... how many more lies today?

I wondered who'd the first arse to come on and say something completly irrelivant.

I was making a comment about using common sense not making out that I was some super human arctic driving ace.

But hey thanks for coming.

I wonder how you managed to interpret my comment as being aimed at you. Perhaps your self obsessed character unwittingly forces you to see pairs of letters, such as e and d, which are not actually there, but if their absence is noted, either consciously or subconsciously, makes you draw the unthinkable conclusion that some things just aren't about you. Or maybe you don't read too well.

Sorry but all I saw there was ... Blah, blah, blah, blah.

Was it something important you were trying to convey?

Some berk has abandoned his car on Circular road in Douglas right in the middle of some traffic lights.

But at least he had the good grace to but his hazards on.