Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
ThankU

Schools Closed

......we really should listen to Manx Radio in the mornings but MrBees has this nuclear powered sub atomic clock that is automatically tuned to Radio 3 and Mr Cowin has a lovely voice, unlike any of the sickening corn crakes on Radio skanks.

MrBees has this nuclear powered sub atomic clock

Can you make a dirty bomb from it?

You can make a dirty bomb out of cork flake packets and kitchen cleaners, why break the clock? :D

Manx Radio have announced that schools are closed again today.

Manx Radio have announced that schools are closed again today.

It seems to me a rediculous decision if the majority of main roads are basically in reasonable condition as they were last night. In my view the schools should only be closed if the required number of teachers can not get in and that should be the head teachers call at each school.

I had similar views yesterday afternoon with regard to the buses. I could understand why some routes were cancelled but the main routes were basically safe and passable. e.g main road from Douglas to Peel so why were services not run on those routes. At least it would have helped some of those who walked to work get home.

Thanks. Don't have a radio in the house and Manx Radio hadn't updated their website.

Good old Manx Forums. Have put the heating on and gone back to bed!

It seems to me a rediculous decision if the majority of main roads are basically in reasonable condition as they were last night. In my view the schools should only be closed if the required number of teachers can not get in and that should be the head teachers call at each school.

Agreed. Just come in, the main roads are fine, not even icy. The buses could have easily run a limited service sticking to the main routes. If businesses can get 80% of their staff in, so can the schools. The DoE and DoT have put parents in a very difficult position, colleagues without kids will be in work today and those who can't arrange last minute childcare will have to ask for an extra day off. Stupid.