Wanted Manx Kitten

Dog owners have to toe the line and not allow their dogs to wander freely, they are also required to clean up after them.

I've said earlier, I have no problem whatsoever if people want to keep cats, I'm just suggesting they should act responsibly and not allow them to make a disgusting mess in the gardens of other people. Is that an unreasonable request?

Why should other people have to clean up the mess left behind by the pets of irresponsible owners?

Wouldn't it be fun to see cat owners having to chase round after their cats, cleaning up their mess. You'd have to be some athlete to go jumping over garden fences and climbing onto the roof of peoples sheds, not to mention trying to land on your feet every time you jumped out of a bedroom window!

I'm off now to make my first million quid with my new cat nappy invention! :D "Huggies" for babies.........."Moggies" for cats.

Edited by Minnie
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A cat lisence?

Why not go the full hog and get horse lisences for when they foul the road? would need some size poop a scoop there!!!!

Imagine scooping that up and carrying it to the nearest bin in a Tesco bag!

Hmmmm.........think I'm onto something with my animal nappy idea <_< Mind you, you'd need a forklift truck to carry home your economy sized packet of horsey diapers!

A cat lisence?

Why not go the full hog and get horse lisences for when they foul the road? would need some size poop a scoop there!!!!

Nowt against horses and I doubt my old man would either, in fact he'd probably welcome a good dollop or 2 of horse s**t amongst his parsnips and around the rose beds :D

Hmmmm.........think I'm onto something with my animal nappy idea  Mind you, you'd need a forklift truck to carry home your economy sized packet of horsey diapers!

what about the size of the wipes ?

Apparently Lion dung is an effective way to stop cats entering your plant beds (according to some guy at longleat when i was about 10...so i could have just imagined it) Dunno how you'd get some though....pretty useless reply really but hey. I'm all for making cat owners have them on a leash and have to walk them, serves them right for having a rubbish pet anyway :P

Cats are a real pain, they crap in your garden and it stinks, If I were you Jay I would do whatever it takes to get rid of them.

I bought a cat watch from Jurby water gardens to deter them from my pond.

Heres a link to the product

http://www.conceptresearch.co.uk/index.htm then click on products

Ring Jurby Water Gardens first to make sure they have one in, they do work.

Apparently Lion dung is an effective way to stop cats entering your plant beds (according to some guy at longleat when i was about 10...so i could have just imagined it) Dunno how you'd get some though....pretty useless reply really but hey. I'm all for making cat owners have them on a leash and have to walk them, serves them right for having a rubbish pet anyway :P

Ive heard that too Ean, although the lion poo allegedly stinks 10 times worse than the domestic cat variety! Hard to get your hands on it too (so to speak)

Cats are a real pain, they crap in your garden and it stinks, If I were you Jay I would do whatever it takes to get rid of them.

Why deter them? Why not catch them near your pond, tie a large stone to them and then let them go fishing! :o

Heres a link to the product

http://www.conceptresearch.co.uk/index.htm then click on products

Ring Jurby Water Gardens first to make sure they have one in, they do work.

Thanks for the suggestion WD, will certainly look into it. I've tried something similar before but with limited effect, maybe this one is better.

I still can't help feeling more than just a little aggrieved though, that people have to go to the trouble of searching for remedies like this, for a problem caused by the thoughtlessness of people whose irresponsible attitude to pet ownership borders closely in my opinion to very anti social behaviour. :angry:

Bloody hell - lighten up people!

Cats are territorial just the ways that dogs are - it's just that dogs aren't free to wander at will, but even when they don't have that "priviledge", look what mess they can cause - and their owners aren't always the most responsible with dealing with their excrement!

If you want to keep cats out of your garden, get yourself a cat. They don't crap in their own gardens, and their territorial instincts will help keep cats out of theirs.

Or... keep the litter tray going.

Cats love nothing more than a nice clean place to poo in, and if their owners keep a tray going, most times they will come in from outside to use it, rather than dump in some cat haters garden.

Simple really.

And if you feel challenged in asking your neighbours if they would do the honours of maintaining a litter tray, just tell them you're thinking of poisoning them if they don't.

As well as making sure they get a tray in use, they'll hopefully report you to animal organisations and bear your threats in mind if ppl's pets do get culled.