Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
cheeky boy

Local Inventiom Goes On Sale Worldwide

what a wonderful domain name though, wonder if the DTI will register it like shopiom,

there could be a whole series of these, inventiom, shipiom, airiom, bankiom, farmiom, holidayiom, roadworksiom, etc :lol:

i personally own a chop saw and since they retail at £60 and actually do the cutting for you i cant see me using one of these.

Best of luck to them. Hope it all goes well.

It'll go the same way as the black & decker Adjustable Auto Wrench, i.e. in DIY toolboxes, can't see a tradesman using one

I agree with Pierrot Lunaire, what the hell is wrong with a tape measure, pencil and saw, saws these days have a right angle square to draw the line with at 90 degrees.

I imagine a load of Accountants rushing out to buy these to put in their "never seen daylight tool boxes", for when they "plan but never actually get round to doing it" make a stool.

Gazza, if you can't cut straight may I suggest you get your wife to do it for you :lol:

Good luck to whoever invented it, but do we really need another pointless plastic thing to usurp the planets resources? It's more akin to those shitty, pointless toys people get when they buy a feckin Happy Meal from McDonalds, opened up, looked at, fucked around with for a couple of minutes, then binned.

Matt, I think you are wrong here.

I think it is quite good. This reminds of 1987 when I received a rechargeable electric screwdriver for a Christmas present. It seemed pretty much pointless to me at the time and I nearly hid it away with the awful lime green cardigan I also received. I would have been laughed off the building site had I turned up with it (the electric screwdriver).

Within 10 years there were few joiners or even DIYers who wouldn't have had an electric screwdriver in their toolbox.

Edited to add:

Not as useful as an electric screwdriver, obviously, but I can see that for some jobs it would be really handy.

Edited by Theo

I actually looked at this with the inventor about a year before its release and my opinion was then ,that it would not sell to professionals ! But as the inventor pointed out , it is not aimed primarily at the professional market but at the D.I.Y. market, which has shown healthy growth even during the economic downturn.

As a product, for me the most useful aspect of it is-- That it keeps the fingers of the user well clear of the saw blade and subsequently out of casualty ! Which I suspect is a regular occurance with D.I.Y. handsaw users :)

As a product, for me the most useful aspect of it is-- That it keeps the fingers of the user well clear of the saw blade and subsequently out of casualty ! Which I suspect is a regular occurance with D.I.Y. handsaw users :)

I agree (typed with one finger)