Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
hello123

Davy Knowles Is Doing Well!

great talent great ego !!

Do you think? I happened to catch the interview on BBC morning and I thought he came across as a really nice guy who seemed quick to promote the Isle of Man. Good on him - must have spent years practising to be that good.

jimbms, you should be careful with that foot, you may damage one of those £350.00 bridges.

Why? have you had some fitted because I havn't. Go back to serving ice creams, your career as an entertainer is still as bad as it always was.

Good on him - must have spent years practising to be that good.

He is very good isn't he, both singing and playing? I suspect asitis is a tad envious.

what I commented on was how like often happens someone comes on and their first post is to advertise something

What advert? Someone came on pointing us to a news story about a local man who is doing well in their chosen field. Where's the advert? You have made a tit of yourself, and you are now going to compound that by trying to dig yourself out.

Edited by censorship

great talent great ego !!

Do you think? I happened to catch the interview on BBC morning and I thought he came across as a really nice guy who seemed quick to promote the Isle of Man. Good on him - must have spent years practising to be that good.

Dump anyone to get on ask back door slam LOL !!

He is very good isn't he, both singing and playing? I suspect asitis is a tad envious.

I never said he wasn't good in fact he is brilliant, but still does not excuse aspects of a personality which are lacking !

It is at this point some Muso will come on and say "I knew him be for he went all comercial, his early stuff was so much better, blah blah blah"

I never said he wasn't good in fact he is brilliant, but still does not excuse aspects of a personality which are lacking !

Davy Knowles is a competent musician but not as good as he thinks he is and as others perhaps tell him. I think he did himself no credit by shitting on the original BDS bass player and drummer.

Davy Knowles is a competent musician but not as good as he thinks he is and as others perhaps tell him. I think he did himself no credit by shitting on the original BDS bass player and drummer.

and others

No - he's MUCH better than competent, and given his tender age could become a true guitar legend.

I'm sick of all this nonsense about the other boys who were in BDS. Music is a cruel business to be in - better they learn the lessons early before they have a mortgage on a mansion.

Fact is (as I've suggested before on here) that Davy is the star, however good the other boys were. I have no axe to grind as I've met them all (I think) and thought they were nice lads - but the fact is Davy's career has taken off since the split and where are they in comparison?

ETA: At that age I was in a band and would have KILLED to tour America...those boys didn't do so badly.

Edited by Stu Peters

The world is littered with the broken dreams of people who have been dumped so that their talented friends could move on up! It's not only in music that this happens, and you can hardly blame anyone for taking their chances!

I'm a comeover and think DK is great

Album currently 11th overall (not just Rock) on iTunes.

Well done davey

I had never heard of Beckii Cruel, that's actually nuts!!

How are your album sales doing, bothering the top end of the Billboard like Davy's? How's the touring, been asked to play anywhere good or as support for any major acts? How did your appearance on BBC go?

And 'original' - you sure about your facts on that?