Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
brubaskia

Investigation Into The Isle Of Man Government E-Commerce Initiative

If you are required to submit a copy of the survey as part of the final dissertation then its current format may lose you marks, however if its not submitted and the data it is producing highlights what you want it to and you feel you can produce your dissertation based on it then there is no real need to redo it.

I would probably take it again in its revised format.

If you are required to submit a copy of the survey as part of the final dissertation then its current format may lose you marks, however if its not submitted and the data it is producing highlights what you want it to and you feel you can produce your dissertation based on it then there is no real need to redo it.

I would probably take it again in its revised format.

True, from the results i've had already, ive got some intresting feedback some things which would carry through to the rest of my dissertation. But I mmay revise it again. ???????

Im checking the grammer and spelling now. I obviously forgot these things in the "heat of the moment" and with wanting to get my questionnaire out.

I suppose the questions could be re worded, i might want to add more questions. But wont it annoy people if i asked them to take it again ?

I thought this was some sort of 6th form project but dissertation. My god things have changed since I did mine.

If you've got a tutor you may like to talk things through and decide which questions you are going to ask, how you are going to analyse the results and whether they will be of any use to IOM government.

Otherwise you are wasting your time and ours.

Oh and I echo the comment above, spelling in the survey was patchy and punctuation was awful: egregious extra apostrophes and unnecessary commas abounded.

I hope for your sake that spelling and punctuation are not part of the marking criteria for your dissertation.

Thank you for ur feedback, I shall go and double check the spelling and grammer and revise it.

It's grammar dear, grammar.

I thought this was some sort of 6th form project but dissertation. My god things have changed since I did mine.

From what I can tell this is a final year dissertation for a BSc Computer Science at Chester. Could be wrong though.

Sorry, that this has turned into a pecking party Babushka. But there's good advice in this thread for you, not just on spelling and grammar but on questionaire design. The example questions 9 & 10 above need rewritting so that the suggested answers answer the question.

I suppose it depends what subject you're studying & at what level, but haven't you been taught survey design?

Oh I wouldn't be too concerned about that, it seems whith 90% of non technical degree courses atm getting you name correct and using capitols at the begining gets just below a pass mark. Mind you all I can say is it came with a great relief that spelling and punctuation counts for very little in engineering.

Aye, for engineering you just have to have opposable thumbs and the degree's pretty much in the bag. In fact isn't it one of the only disciplines in which students get marked down if they display original thought? ;)

Whee! This is fun. Can we go to a primary school and spit on the kids' paintings next?

Oh I wouldn't be too concerned about that, it seems whith 90% of non technical degree courses atm getting you name correct and using capitols at the begining gets just below a pass mark. Mind you all I can say is it came with a great relief that spelling and punctuation counts for very little in engineering.

Aye, for engineering you just have to have opposable thumbs and the degree's pretty much in the bag. In fact isn't it one of the only disciplines in which students get marked down if they display original thought? ;)

Whee! This is fun. Can we go to a primary school and spit on the kids' paintings next?

Im in the middle of working on revising it, I missed out some important questions anyway. Dont worry q9 and 10 are still in there, but the reponses u can chose have been changed. At first I thought oh god, they are all complaining, got nothing better to do. But now I relise your comments are actually valid input and useful, so thank u guys. Im going to use the previus questionnare u answered as a pilot one, so all isnt lost. Oh and scarbunny u are good, yes its for chester uni. lol

Mind you all I can say is it came with a great relief that spelling and punctuation counts for very little in engineering. (Just thought I would put the last bit in in case you hadn't notice mine was bad ;) )

Yes, an understanding of syntax and relationships isn't required in science based subjects at all..

On a side issue, the much vaunted shopiom site was subject to close and critical scrutiny and comment on here some months ago. You might like to do a search and note what was said as 'background'

IIRC correctly, the cost and the fact it was deemed beyond the capability of manx companies to undertake ( nonsense ) was raised.

http://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/35245-wwwshopiomcom/page__hl__shopiom

Mind you all I can say is it came with a great relief that spelling and punctuation counts for very little in engineering. (Just thought I would put the last bit in in case you hadn't notice mine was bad ;) )

Yes, an understanding of syntax and relationships isn't required in science based subjects at all..

yes but it helpful and eaiser for the person anwersing it. besides gets u lot of my back a bit lol

In fact isn't it one of the only disciplines in which students get marked down if they display original thought? wink.gif

Original thought not needed at all - learn the theory, regurgitate it in the exam, leave with 1st class honours degree.

In fact isn't it one of the only disciplines in which students get marked down if they display original thought? wink.gif

Original thought not needed at all - learn the theory, regurgitate it in the exam, leave with 1st class honours degree.

yes sort of, we are only allowed to use orginal thought in our dissertation in a particular part of it. cant use it in the whole thing, will get marked down.

You can't pass without a demonstration of some 'original thought', never mind a 1st with honours ;).

You can't pass without a demonstration of some 'original thought', never mind a 1st with honours wink.gif.

Well I did it! If you can handle the maths and are prepared to spend time in the library revising then engineering is a doddle.

As for a dissertation - that's not exactly too hard :)