Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Gavsta

Vehicle Testing Centre

In the UK, your legally allowed to drive a vehicle without an MOT to and from the testing station, as long as that is the sole intent of the journey.

I have a bike that needs to be retested, I dont suppose by any chance your allowed to go to and from the test centre for the same reason?

Gavin.

In the UK, your legally allowed to drive a vehicle without an MOT to and from the testing station, as long as that is the sole intent of the journey.

I have a bike that needs to be retested, I dont suppose by any chance your allowed to go to and from the test centre for the same reason?

Gavin.

Gavin,

Providing the law has'nt changed over the last two or three years, my understanding was that providing you had a test appointment booked and providing you have a valid driving licence and the vehicle is insured, then you would be covered for the journey to and from the test centre. If you were stopped by the police then you should show your test appointment. Hope this helps.

Cheers, thats really helpful, Ill give 'em a ring on Monday to be double sure.

I was hoping to not have to hire a transit to get there and back, maybe more than once.

Is the Manx test about the same as an MOT, I that, if the bike is MOT'able then its likely to pass? Anyone done this ever?

Its an ex-plod bike so hopefully, itll not be so bad.

G.

The manx test is far more 'thorough' than the UK test. On a bike, things that might get you caught out are:-

Brake discs minimum thickness.

Wheel/headstock Bearing play.

If you have after market brakelines (braided) they don't like those.

Make sure if it has an aftermarket exhaust it is CE stamped for the road.

best thing to do is fix anything thats iffy, but make sure you leave something wrong thats really noticable but easy to fix.

because if there in the right mood and the bike or car is in top nick if a fart has crossed there ass the wrong way they will find a problem just to be twats and its normaly something thats feck all and would normaly pass.

so leave something broken lol