• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well there's been a hell of a lot of development in certain parts of the Island. Not that I'm suggesting anything of course.   But this is classic Manx Establishment justice and we've seen it all be

SMUJ, I'm not saying that I approve of what happened, just explaining it and how the jury could have got to its verdict. I suspect the women could have been found guilty because it was their signatur

Legal Aid Amendment Act passed and in force. This arose out of the Legal Aid Tynwald Committee investigations. There is provision for the charge (and it is only for sums over abnd above what is recove

Posted Images

I think that the longer the case drags on the longer the lid can be kept on the real story. I would hazard that most of the accused have little to answer for (I don't think they've even been charged have they ?) but as long as proceedings are ongoing they and the media are effectively gagged from commenting or reporting on the case. I could be entirely wrong and perhaps someone could enlighten us. Anybody know anything ?

I think that the longer the case drags on the longer the lid can be kept on the real story. I would hazard that most of the accused have little to answer for (I don't think they've even been charged have they ?) but as long as proceedings are ongoing they and the media are effectively gagged from commenting or reporting on the case. I could be entirely wrong and perhaps someone could enlighten us. Anybody know anything ?

Read the above.

Delayed until yesterday, apparently, because one defendant had not got legal represenattion, needed legal aid as own resources had run out. Took time to get an advocate willing to take case on. Judy you don't get to court until you have been charged.

Cheers for that John, how priviliged we are to have a forum member 'on the inside' Any luck with letting us know other countries who keep their court listings a secret?

will get back about list of western countries who don't post/publish lists.

Please feel free to let me know anytime. As stated previously I will gladly accept the likes of banana republics, African dictatorships, juntas and dodgy central Russian pariah states.

Certainly not England and Wales Court Listings

Ditto Scotland: Rolls of Court Sheriff

Online, I can find out the court listings in Derby, Doncaster or Durham and Dingwall, Dornoch or Dunoon. But Douglas I've no fucken chance. Even if you are a party it is like pulling teeth getting information out of the Isle of Man Courts. And anywhere else in the civilised western world has court listings posted and displayed at the courts.

It is a fucken disgrace.

Back on topic, I am surprised that the judge didn't just tell the defendant tough: pal, you've had a chance to get legal representation, defend yourself.

Edited by %age

All been committed to General Gaol. Not sure when the plea date will be, not been set yet, but I suspect either December or January, then if pleading not guilty a date will be set. You can ring the court office and they will adcvise what dates are set aside for General Gaol plea dates. I have the info somewhere but as I am travelling today cannot look it up.

All been committed to General Gaol. Not sure when the plea date will be, not been set yet, but I suspect either December or January, then if pleading not guilty a date will be set. You can ring the court office and they will adcvise what dates are set aside for General Gaol plea dates. I have the info somewhere but as I am travelling today cannot look it up.

Thanks John for the info'

• 1 month later...