Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
starwash.im

Ian Brown At The Villa

Is no one here concerned that Ian Brown can't actually sing live? Seriously, the man can't hold a note properly.

I love his music, but I think you're better off sticking to the records. Well, CDs as they're known these days.

Is no one here concerned that Ian Brown can't actually sing live? Seriously, the man can't hold a note properly.

I love his music, but I think you're better off sticking to the records. Well, CDs as they're known these days.

Have to agree, saw him +/- 7 years ago, boring. My observation of this is....Ian Brown was REALLY ace when he was in the Stone Roses, that was teeeeeewenty years ago he might have made some 'alright' studio albums but....

People used to get up and queue for Abba tickets at the box office at 5am on the day they went on sale.....that was in the 1970's. I've just been to see Younger Brother at Cargo in London(wicked venue), NEW music from a newish band and I bought the ticket from the comfort of my own home, imagine I'd had to go all the way to London to queue up....thats really backward innit? I would put a link in to some videos of the night but the videos do not do the night justice, it was properly loud and the mobile phone videos just could not hear it :) It's was the best music I have ever seen.....and that is saying something.

It's not like the people going are MASSIVE Ian Brown fans either, just heard of him innit? I love the music I want to see & wouldn't go and see someone just coz they are famous.......Good job for the promoters others aren't so fussy.

Spotted a few people Q-ing at about 3.30am, then at about 6.30am it started getting busy.

I saw Ian Brown at V98 and loved it.

It's not like the people going are MASSIVE Ian Brown fans either, just heard of him innit? I love the music I want to see & wouldn't go and see someone just coz they are famous.......Good job for the promoters others aren't so fussy.

What facts is that assumption based on Bees ? Just curious

Don't know, just made it up as I was going along :) When should facts (or otherwise) get in the way of a rant?

What facts is that assumption based on Bees ? Just curious

It's a fair point. Because there's not many big acts come over here, you tend to get people buying tickets to every one rather than the fans. This can spoil the night a bit, as the audience aren't that into the gig, ruining the atmosphere for those that are. Been at a few at the villa where the people around me have chatted and boozed all night not really arsed with what's going on on-stage.

I would have thought the ticket prices would of put non Ian Brown fans off to be honest. I have been a fan since 1987 ever since Sally Cinnamon really.

Never got the chance to see the Stone Roses, gig in Brighton got cancelled back in 1990 and they also no showed at Glastonbury when I went in 95. So I didn't want to miss this. Yeah I know he's not the best live singer in the world but i'm sure it will be a great atmosphere and I didn't want to regret not going. His last album was one of his best as well in my opinion. Bring on the Monkey Man!

Awe. that's quite a cute story Shill. My mum wouldn't let me goto see The Smiths or 808 State when I was 16/17, I've seen them since but it wasn't quite the same as if I'd seen them when I really loved their music. 808 State ahahahahahahaa I waited up until 3am for that at Besti and it was erm erm erm actually it wasn't too bad, it's just I'm 37 not 17 :)

I would have thought the ticket prices would of put non Ian Brown fans off to be honest. I have been a fan since 1987 ever since Sally Cinnamon really.

Not the cash but the Sat AM sellout will put most off I think, so it might be better than past concerts because of that. I'm sure it'll rule either way, he's got some ace songs.

I'd like to go, but completely forgot about it and went out on my bike :)

Spotted a few people Q-ing at about 3.30am, then at about 6.30am it started getting busy.

I saw Ian Brown at V98 and loved it.

There are probably a few feeling a bit sick if they stood in a cue for 4 or 5 hours only to find that tickets can now be booked on line. Seems that Mr Brown is not the huge draw to the general middle of the road music listening population that some on here appear to think.

I was surprised they did that queue system tbh, I didn't think he'd sell out straight away.