Smoking In Cars

Pierrot Lunaire

I remember as a kid in summerland way up until it was knocked down, going to the play area with all the parents smoking & drinking around it. There never seemed to be a problem with that... But 6 years later, go anywhere near a kid with a ciggy and OMFG you child killer!

Yep people are reacting stupidly to ciggy smoke, yet they don`t seem to be the least bit concerned about their kids breathing in car emmisions,or being constantly bombarded with radio waves, or the prospect of industrial waste seeping into seas and rivers that might well end up coming back in their direction one way or another.

I do think in particular respects certain issues are honed in on and given greater attention than others, which makes the situation seems somewhat ridiculous in comparison to other problems. Say animal welfare for example, some people would really have issues with eating certain animals but then wouldn't have the slightly bit of guilt stuffing their face with pig, cow, or lamb.

But at least with cigarettes there is an identifiable issue that is a problem to those who don't smoke, in the sense that people are no more confident to object to breathing in poisons creating by someone else. There are other problems, such as car emissions but then we should also be trying to deal with that.

hi all,

firstly i agree with banning smoking but where will this all end slowly but surely your freedom is being taken away if smoking is bad for you which we know it is then what abouu alchol thats a sure killer yes everything in moderation but look what effect it has in the communities unsociable behaviour violence death then the effects it has on the nhs the list goes on so whats the answer ban that aswel?

The real answer to these problems is to make people disappear. People could be free to do exactly what they want, when they want, where they want. But if they, for example, smoked near Mr. Sausages (or got too drunk & loud in Mr. Sausages' presence or allowed their dog to poo where Mr. Sausages is likely to walk or honked their horn at Mr. Sausages because he wouldn't pull off at the traffic lights when there were people still walking on the pelican crossing) then they would mysteriously disappear never to be seen again.

Yep people are reacting stupidly to ciggy smoke, yet they don`t seem to be the least bit concerned about their kids breathing in car emmisions,or being constantly bombarded with radio waves, or the prospect of industrial waste seeping into seas and rivers that might well end up coming back in their direction one way or another.

Yeah, its not like lead was removed from petrol or cars now have strictly controlled emissions, oh wai...

Radio waves, lol.

Dropping a cigarette in a car is similar to a wasp flying in through the window. It breaks your concentration. Your attention is taken while you try to retrieve the ciggie without being burned or setting fire to yourself. Worst outcome, you crash into some unsuspecting driver and family or a pedestrian on the sidewalk - both keeping within the law and goind about their normal business. On the otherhand, using or dropping a mobile phone is relatively safe by comparison so why are there fines for this but not smoking in a car?

The real answer to these problems is to make people disappear. People could be free to do exactly what they want, when they want, where they want. But if they, for example, smoked near Mr. Sausages (or got too drunk & loud in Mr. Sausages' presence or allowed their dog to poo where Mr. Sausages is likely to walk or honked their horn at Mr. Sausages because he wouldn't pull off at the traffic lights when there were people still walking on the pelican crossing) then they would mysteriously disappear never to be seen again.

That reminds me, must get some plant food.

no smoking, no using mobile phones, no putting lipstick on, no eating or drinking, just drive!

All of these I have seen and I know people who text while driving. I have enough trouble watching out for the people who cant negotiate a roundabout never mind worrying about all the above.

Firstly I am a smoker :D

Next, If people want to travel in MY car they abide by MY rules by that I mean IF I decide to smoke I will, if they are not happy with that cool they can walk or take alternative transport.

As for the whole passive smoking crap, non smokers wish to throw up constantly here is a small thing for them to digest...

For a smoker to Equal the amount of emmision caused by vehical emmision this is what they would have to smoke.

* 526535918.4 cigarettes per person each year

* 1442564.16 cigarettes per person each day

* 106.84 cigarettes per person each hour

* 1.79 cigarettes per person each minute

"Ah!" -- the anti-smoker preacher says during retreat -- "But the emissions of cars are diluted in the air, whereas you filthy smokers make me breathe your emissions concentrated in a restaurant!"

Wrong again, pal.

While is true that car emission are measured with the probe stuck into the exhaust of the car, it is also true that smoke emissions are measured with the probe stuck on the tip of the cigarette. In fact, with a bit of sensible ventilation, secondhand smoke ceases to be significantly measurable under real-life conditions.

Slightly altered report to meet the islands population unaltered report can be viewed here main body of report refered to Chicago, who's population is 2 million so based on population of isle of man at 80,000 figures have been altered to reflect that, even with allowing some discrepences it's still fun reading.

Yes I smoke and Yes I drive a car

Diffrence being I don't give a rats arse who I may or may not be killing/poisioning and TBH the emmisions from my arse after a decent meal are far more worrying :D