Selfish Low Flying Bastards

localyokel

Although Mr. Hezlett said that Tristar had purchased the aircraft to enable him to commute from the farm to another farm owned by Tristar in Northern Ireland and that the majority of the aircraft’s use related solely to the farming business, he conceded that on occasions he had hired out the aircraft.

What's he doing? Airlifting cows between here and Belfast?

Although Mr. Hezlett said that Tristar had purchased the aircraft to enable him to commute from the farm to another farm owned by Tristar in Northern Ireland and that the majority of the aircraft’s use related solely to the farming business, he conceded that on occasions he had hired out the aircraft.

What's he doing? Airlifting cows between here and Belfast?

has he got lobster farm somewhere ?? as to being able to afford a plane and a landing strip you must be able to afford the rest and insurances? robert maxwell had quite a few far more expensive bits if kit around too,who's pension fund??? does tristar = baler twine airways??

Edited by WTF

here we go again... mah mah whine mah mah whine

If he can afford an airplane and airstrip... I would imagine he can afford the insurances etc

Yeah. As a poor Manxie I should just doff my cap and tug my forelock at the man in the big silver bird. The fact remains that just because you have money does not mean you can do what the hell you like particularly if you've already had a high court appeal turned down against you.

thats just it.... poor Manxies... if this island had a bigger chip on its shoulder about people doing better than them, it would sink

Yeah. Piss off back to where you came from then :)

There's a boat on the morning; although in your case its probably some noisy cheapo plane to Ireland ...

Edited by localyokel

nice

I'm sorry but I wish I had never raised this subject. I am not jealous, or envious, or have chip on my shoulder about the rich. There seems to me to be somebody who is ignoring planning laws, annoying his neighbours, and flounting regulations but yet for many posters its been easier to point out that its my fault for drawing attention to this situation and asking which agency I should complain to.

Its quite sad really and the way people have tried to shout me down, just means that I will take this further and further with every agency I can contact. Looking at the overturned planning appeal 5 years ago that will be my first port of call as the findings seem to be quite clear.

Edited by localyokel

There seems to me to be somebody who is ignoring planning laws, annoying his neighbours, and flounting regulations but yet for many posters its been easier to point out that its my fault for drawing attention to this situation and asking which agency I should complain to.

Well maybe you should deduce that he's either got lots of mates, or they really do not want attention drawn to how many flights are actually going through there !

If i win the triple rollover this week i am going to buy a nice house with a load of land, and i will be flying my plane and my helicopter in and out so be warned ! But if i hear one of those f*kin Subaru's with the ilegal exhausts i will buy a rocket launcher ! :lol:

Hey don't apologise for starting the thread local. Apart from the unsubstantiated allegations and rumours bit it's been an interesting read. I really like aeroplanes but I would probably feel exactly the same if one was flying low over my house on full power at 7am on a Sunday! I wish you well in resolving this problem and it now looks like the planning department is your best bet, unless there have been any changes since the last judgement. Whilst a lot people who have lived here for any length of time understand (and maybe agree with the sentiment) it would be good if you leave out out the 'boat in the morning' stuff. Ok, you were provoked but it doesn't help.... :)

I wouldn't hold out any hope of help from planning or any department of what was DOLGE. We have had issues with a very noisy neighbour and have been trying for years to get something done. All sorts of things have been suggested including noise abatement orders but they never follow through. It has always surprised me that these planes flying in and out of what has always been a very sensitive area are not subject to any security restraints.

I'm sure any of you living in the Braddan, Union Mills, Mount Rule area are familiar with a particular farm that seems to be running more flights than Ronaldsway Airport these days. It was a lovely night last night and we slept with the windows open - then come 7:15 this morning and the whole house is woken up by aforementioned selfish f**ker low flying in his stupid plane yet again. Does anyone here know 1. What rights you have to complain to the CAA or similar authority here as its now just a total nuisance? and 2. What the hell is anyone flying in if they have to do it at 7am on a Sunday morning? As with lots of people in the area its really starting to do my head in as there are a couple of flights a day often early in the morning and yet nothing ever seems to be done about the problem.

Any suggestions on where to complain to?

Environmental Protection / Noise

Contact Simon Renton DLGE now DEFA

simon.renton@dlge.gov.im

telephone 685 892