Driving Tests (Practical)

DjDan

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's the title but what it's really about is your mate failed miserably and you want to vent some anger at a civil servant who would be guilty of gross negligence if he let your mate drive a car on the road, because he is obviously not good enough to be let out on his own. There is an appeals procedure if you would care to follow it, or isn't your mate that convinced he is a perfect driver?

Maybe it was the little fishy on the back of the car that put him off, a sheep would be more appropriate.

Very simple. I tested this today - and you simply cannot get to 38mph without zooming off from 0mph. I managed 34mph with some effort. Examiner got it wrong. Not bad though eh, doing a safe emergency stop at [claimed] 38mph!

If this was your mate, you'd be just as fuming.

btw. you say there is an appeals procedure? I wonder why the examiner didn't point that out when my mate said he wanted to complain. He was told there is nothing he can do.

Very simple. I tested this today - and you simply cannot get to 38mph without zooming off from 0mph. I managed 34mph with some effort. Examiner got it wrong. Not bad though eh, doing a safe emergency stop at [claimed] 38mph!

If this was your mate, you'd be just as fuming.

btw. you say there is an appeals procedure? I wonder why the examiner didn't point that out when my mate said he wanted to complain. He was told there is nothing he can do.

If it was my mate I would be pissing myself and ripping the hell out of him for failing, not going off blaming some poor schmuk for doing his job.

You can't get to 38, but admit speeding on a forum, way to go.

If the examiner made a mistake you appeal it. Just try proving it because I can guarantee my taxi would get to well over 38 in that distance.

Yeah, I went to 34mph. Wow. Your taxi may be able to get to 38mph - but that's not the point. There is no way this candidate did so. He is not a taxi driver - and in any case, to get to 38mph you would have to try to do so.

Bearing in mind that the candidate had just been told he was about to make an emergency stop... you really think he would go speeding off as fast as possible? get real.

Examiner was wrong - and told my mate there was nothing he could do about it. Are you telling me that there is an appeal process? You know this? or you just assume it?

I once failed a driving test for 'stopping too abruptly' during an emergency stop! - I thought the whole point was to stop abruptly whilst retaining control of the car, which I did. None of my friends cried about it, they just ripped the back out of me!

You and pam were obviously not as attatched to your friend as dj is.

Either that or dj is getting pissed off ferrying him about all the time.

Ofcourse he can appeal, but i wouldnt recommend it if he wants to actually pass a test in the next 10 tries, theres only 2 or 3 of them.

They used to be all ex coppers in my day.

Edited by mæŋksmən

all learner cars that are used to take tests in should be fitted with a multitude of video cameras recording inside and outside so that proof of what did and didn't happen was available for all to see and hear. even a little one looking at the speedo? or a gps transponder on board. with modern cars most have abs so the emergency stop is a no brainer anyway. you can bet real money that if an examiner knew the whole thing was being videod there'd be a much higher pass rate. if they didn't know they may have to admit to making a 'mistake'

Edited by WTF

Exactly WTF. It can't be too difficult to ensure that the tests are verifiable.

Otherwise, what can an appeal do? It is your word against his. Crazy - but - if the examiner decides at the start of the test that he will fail the person, he can easily come up with a reason to do so. Even if made up... what can the candidate say? Not saying that is how it happens... but that is the amount of power they have.

This same candidate failed a few months back because when parking the car, once within the two posts, he made 3 adjustments to the car position (forward a little, and backward a little). On the 3rd one, the examiner stopped him and said, that's enough, you've failed. Everything else was fine (examiner acknowledged) but because he adjusted the position of the car 3 times, that was a fail. The examiner proudly said that 'lots of people fail for this reason alone'.

Again, just demonstrating that they can do what they like.

When I had a problem with immigration, i was able to put in an appeal - and won. With the driving exam, what can an appeal do? (if there is one). It is your word against theirs... and mæŋksmən points out, if you annoy them by questioning their judgement... isn't there a greater chance they can just fail you again? (for that reason alone). haha.

all learner cars that are used to take tests in should be fitted with a multitude of video cameras recording inside and outside so that proof of what did and didn't happen was available for all to see and hear. even a little one looking at the speedo? or a gps transponder on board. with modern cars most have abs so the emergency stop is a no brainer anyway. you can bet real money that if an examiner knew the whole thing was being videod there'd be a much higher pass rate. if they didn't know they may have to admit to making a 'mistake'

Even simpler solution would be to make it compulsery that all commercial learner vehicles are fitted with a taco

Did they forget to say they wanted to be a Taxi driver, if not then thats where they went wrong.

Taxi drivers are starting to pee me off big time.

Until you've had too many shandies and it's chucking it down when you're miles away from home, then we are the dogs bollox and you give us money to get you home.