Driving Tests (Practical)

DjDan

So you've got no evidence, no witnesses, have been asked to provide proof, which you refuse to do and your argument/belief is only based on third party statements.

Do you see where I'm gong with this one?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah.... you're backing up my argument time and time again.

No witnesses, no evidence, no proof... other than the word of the candidate. There simply is nothing a candidate can do once failed. It is their word against the examiner.

Result --> Examiners have too much power, and their decisions cannot be verified.

Thank you.

No witnesses, no evidence, no proof... other than the word of the candidate. There simply is nothing a candidate can do once failed. It is their word against the examiner.

Result --> Examiners have too much power, and their decisions cannot be verified.

Thank you.

Have you considered publishing an article titled 'Manx Driving Examiner's: the untold conspiricy files' ?

You could even add a new part to it each week, you could hunt around the Island for suposed 'unfair failures' interview the candidate's obviously totally unbiased opinion on the examiner's judgement, and start a general hate campaign against all driving examiners. Your a true trooper for taking on a task of such great importance and truth.

Have you gone onto youtube and searched 'conspiricy?' im sure you would believe everything that came up. or maybe your the one uploading them? this goes deep!

or maybe there is an alternative explenation:

Your mate failed the test for various (if not all) majors, and thought of a fantastic reason (which it really isn't) to why he must have failed. oh yeah, of course! the examiner was wrong!

Grow up you prize idiot.

Thank you.

The sheet of paper handed to each candidate after the test as a record? It's only his fault that he hasn't got more than this.

If your friend thought it was an error he should have asked the examiner to note down where he failed alongside the major mark, as a record.

Your mate failed the test for various (if not all) majors, and thought of a fantastic reason (which it really isn't) to why he must have failed. oh yeah, of course! the examiner was wrong!

And you know this because.... ? Oh wait.. you don't. You don't know anything.

You are the idiot here mate.

If you showed the proof that he just failed on this point people would probably be more understanding. Scan the form and post it up. Show us the proof that he drove really well on his driving test and just failed on the emergency stop.

Imagine the situation: Examiner tells you to pull over - you do so. He tells you in a moment you will be required to make an emergency stop, and he will slam his hand on the dashboard. He tells you to drive on.... you do. A small distance down the road, he slams his hand. You stop.

At the end of the test he confirms that the emergency stop was fine. However - he fails you for speeding! He claims that when you did the emergency stop, you were driving at 38 mph! You disagree - say you couldn't and were not driving at that speed, with the distance being so short - but yep, failed. His word only.

That's what happened. So anyway, today I drive to the place where the emergency stop took place, and also where the car was initially stopped. The distance between the two places was so short that to get to 38mph, you have to actually 'put the foot down' and purposely drive fast. I got to 34mph before reaching the emergency stop place and I was trying! It is utter tosh that the candidate was driving at 38mph! This person naturally drives 'slower' ie. 35mph in a 40mph area! What the examiner has said was rubbish - and for his own misjudgement, the candidate was failed.

More money... wasted. More money.. earned by the driving centre.

This is just one example. Unfortunately, this person has been unlucky to have a few more experiences - including being failed for not stopping the car when parking whilst another car was driving by - despite having the car already in between the two posts, therefore, already off the 'road'.

Problem with these people is there is no way of appealing a decision. They can just make up any ridiculous reason to fail you... and that's that. Wait another month and waste another £50+.

What to do with incompetent driving examiners?

..For the record, I passed first time some years ago. But I have to consider myself lucky with the stories I'm hearing in the last few years of the 'reasons' for people being failed.

Absolute ridiclous. In my opinion they should have a car rigged with camera's etc and make everyone take the test in it. At least that way, things can be checked afterward.

OK, I have copied your original post and made key point in BOLD. You said he failed for speeding. Show us the form that says he failed for speeding. Nothing else. Its easy. You said he failed for speeding. Therefore, he should have a clean sheet apart from the emergency stop mark. If you show us the form and it shows just one mark against an emergency stop I will believe you.

You clearly know nothing about driving test papers then do you. A perfectly clean sheet?? LOL. You don't need a perfectly clean sheet to pass.

In any case, showing you the form will do nothing other than to help you believe the reason for failure. That is actually irrelevant.

The point I have been making is simply that an examiner can fail a candidate - but there is no way to verify whether the examiner was right to do so. As such, it is quite possible for an examiner to get things wrong... and consequently fail the candidate; without the candidate being able to do anything! It is the word of the candidate against the word of the examiner.

Can you challenge that point?

So what? It's only a bloody driving test. You don't go to prison for failing it. Most people have failed a driving test, and most of them thought (briefly, until their ego recovered) that the trained, qualified, professional examiner must have got it wrong. You're not pointing out a great miscarriage of justice. The world will carry on just fine if we accept that, generally, the examiners get this pretty insignificant decision right.

Can you challenge that point?

You really need to stop coming online after a drinking session as you apparently lose all reason... and ability to think.

Goodnight Mr Sausages. Go and sober up again please.

You clearly know nothing about driving test papers then do you. A perfectly clean sheet?? LOL. You don't need a perfectly clean sheet to pass.

I passed my car test first time. My bike test second time. I know you do not need a clean sheet but you stated your friend failed only on speeding whilst doing the emergency stop. I think otherwise. I am sure he has alot more marks than you are letting on. I could be proved wrong though!

In any case, showing you the form will do nothing other than to help you believe the reason for failure. That is actually irrelevant.

How is it irrelevant? It is the only piece of information given to failed candidates which makes it the most relevant piece of information you have which you are not divulging to the people you asked advice from.

The point I have been making is simply that an examiner can fail a candidate - but there is no way to verify whether the examiner was right to do so. As such, it is quite possible for an examiner to get things wrong... and consequently fail the candidate; without the candidate being able to do anything! It is the word of the candidate against the word of the examiner.

If you think like that lets just hope that your friend doesnt have another test soon as the big bad examiners might just see this thread and piece together who the person is. If they behave like you say he best not turn up as he will have failed already.

What to do with incompetent driving examiners?

ROFL. Calling driving examiners incompetent because your friend cannot drive.