Driving Tests (Practical)

DjDan

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is a one time response….. No replies will be answered. DjDan started this with an opinion and has tried to carry it to others to no avail. We have the proof that you are in fact mistaken and that your Friend did not fail for your stated one reason alone, even though it was plenty. 3 points and a fine, if it had been a police officer at the end of the road and IS possible as your friend proved and was given a verbal whilst doing it. Post the correct amount of major faults on the one test and then see what responses you get. Data protection says we can't!!

There is an appeals process, you just have to write in.

Thanks though for the entertainment in this thread.

The IOM Examiners :o

This is funny! Who created an account for "IOM Examiners"?? LOL

Edited by DjDan

Nice to hear the actual examiners shoot DJDan down. He has made a fool of himself, again, and insulted the integrity and honesty of as great bunch of people who keep our roads safe for all.

Sounds like you were the one who created the IOM Examiners account... nice try.

Just a final point... would the 'IOM Examiners' like to explain how the appeal process works? - how you can actually verify whether the candidate is right if he says he wasn't speeding? How does he prove the examiner was wrong?

That I am interested in! :)

Nice to hear the actual examiners shoot DJDan down. He has made a fool of himself, again, and insulted the integrity and honesty of as great bunch of people who keep our roads safe for all.

Sounds like you were the one who created the IOM Examiners account... nice try.

Ask the mods, they can confirm it isn't me. Anyhow, why would I have to pretend to be someone else to fool you, just say I can walk on water and come back from the dead and you'll believe me. Muppet.

Because for the first time since then I was driving down that road with my mate.

I wouldn't have brought it up before he passed just in case he was to be treated any differently. After testing it, I was so appalled at the claims - having seen for myself that it is a ridiculous assertion - that I raised the topic.

Aside from the frustration of that incident, the topic was to raise the issue that I believe the examiner decisions should be able to be verified - through use of technology.

This point has been raised, and discussion has been had on the subject - for and against. I find the topic to have achieved its purpose.

Once you have passed the theory test you can then apply to take your practical driving test.

The driving part of your test will last about 40 minutes. Throughout the test your examiner

will be looking for an overall safe standard of driving, including when you are carrying out

the set exercises. You can make up to 15 driving faults and still pass the test (16 or more

results in failure). However, if you commit one serious or dangerous fault you will fail the test.

All examiners are trained to carry out the test to the same standard, they do not have pass or

fail quotas. So as long as you demonstrate the standard required you will pass your driving test.

Examiner will see following while assessing your performance -

•  
  • The method, clarity, adequacy and correctness of instructions given
  • The observation, analysis and correction of faults committed by the pupil
  • Your general driving manners
  • Recognition of hazardous situations
  • Traffic signs and regulations
  • Overtaking and passing
  • Use of the vehicle controls
  • Use of secondary controls such as wipers, demisters, etc.
  • Use of mirrors and signals

Just a final point... would the 'IOM Examiners' like to explain how the appeal process works? - how you can actually verify whether the candidate is right if he says he wasn't speeding? How does he prove the examiner was wrong?

That I am interested in! smile.gif

Just a quick question off the subject a little, what part of the 'IOM Examiners' respose where they said "This is a one time response….. No replies will be answered." could you not understand?

Just to give a little example here, a good few years ago when taking my test we was heading back to the test centre when a child ran into the road, both myself and the examiner hit the brakes as it was duel controls, the examiner then explained to me that although I did react as he thought fast enough, that because he reacted slightly faster and hit the brakes it was by regulation an automatic fail, but because the fail was due to an event where had he not taken action he could see that I would have acted correctly he told me I would have a free retest and also said had it not been for that I would have passed. On my retest I got the same examiner, I suspect he made sure on this, he did ask if I wanted a different examiner though, and did what I consider now a very simple retest and passed. He later explained that on situations such as this or even where a candidate appeals as he thinks a decission was wrong, a free retest is the usual outcome even if the examiner says it was an obvious fail, he explained in these cases it was usualy done by a different test centre. So had your friend appealed due to as you say it was only one doubtful event in an otherwise perfect test, he would have had a free retest with another examiner.

After failing 2 bike tests, I pitched up for my third and got the same Examiner. He actually offered me a swap before we started as he didn't want me to think he was picking on me.

IMHO our Examiners act with total professionalism.

So had your friend appealed due to as you say it was only one doubtful event in an otherwise perfect test, he would have had a free retest with another examiner.

This is hopefully good advice to anyone in a similar situation then who reads this topic. Good luck on getting a free retest. The unfortunate thing however is the candidate will still end up having to pay about £50 as most do. £25 for the use of ther instructor's car, and £25 for a lesson/practice prior to the test.

All in all, a failure (right or wrong) is still very expensive for the candidate. However, the free retest will at least save you about £25 (i believe that is the cost of drving test...?).

That IOM Examiners post does look quite fake to me. Main reason for this is the examiners I have met are intelligent chaps, however whoever it was that posted under the IOM Examiners name has pretty poor english and if it was a genuine semi-official response I would have expected it to have been constructed better.

As an aside I am a little confused. I assumed this thread was complaining about some sort of injustice made against your wife DjDan. After all she did fail her driving test again just before you started this thread didn't she? But then I read that the person in question is a 'he' and the case in question was a couple of months ago - unless that was just an attempted cover?