Uk And Irish Airports Closed

Sean South

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this fooking cloud has caused more flight disruption in 3 weeks than all the terrorists put together for decades?? perhaps binladen has binstokin the fires?? the irony also being that an ice covered country has the biggest active heat source on the planet. they couldn't control their banks either, useless cnuts.

Ghost town port

th_RonaldswayEmpty06.jpgth_RonaldswayEmpty05.jpg

th_RonaldswayEmpty04.jpgth_RonaldswayEmpty03.jpg

th_RonaldswayEmpty02.jpgth_RonaldswayEmpty01.jpg

Stupid ashcloud cost me a really nice shot of the Porsches at the grandstand :( . I hate you, Iceland, and will never buy your stupid frozen food again!

I hope the ash stays away from London tomorrow! What should have been a simple flight via Liverpool to Geneva has now turned into a boat trip to Liverpool, train to London and flight from there. Yawn!!

The Isle of Man Airport website shows details of flights that currently have "active flight plans" in the system. If an airline choose to/ forget to cancel a flight plan then unfortunately it is left in the UK ATC system and therefore shows on the IOM Airport website. The information desk give out information that has been given to them from the powers that be which is probably more accurate. I'd always go with the oracle which is airport information :rolleyes:

The Isle of Man Airport website shows details of flights that currently have "active flight plans" in the system. If an airline choose to/ forget to cancel a flight plan then unfortunately it is left in the UK ATC system and therefore shows on the IOM Airport website. The information desk give out information that has been given to them from the powers that be which is probably more accurate. I'd always go with the oracle which is airport information :rolleyes:

......then why as of 22:40 tonight does the latest news on the IOM Airport web site still state that there will be a review at 19:30 tonight!!!!!!!

Get a grip IOM Government!

Edited by mikeldn

......then why as of 22:40 tonight does the latest news on the IOM Airport web site still state that there will be a review at 19:30 tonight!!!!!!!

Get a grip IOM Government!

Unfortunatly whilst Airport Information appear to be up todate and I understand thet it is they who update the arrivals and departures on the website as outlined by Giggleberrys above, there appears to be nobody with the responsibility or authority to put updates anywhere with regard to wether the airport is open or closed etc. Maybe it is because it is a weekend and nobody is at work or Anne Reynolds is to busy giving interviews on the radio but there needs to be something somewhere passing on information. As you say what is the point of reviewing stating it will be reviewed at 19:30 if there is no means finding out what was decided in a timely fashion. Something like the Irish Aviation Authority's report would be good.

It does not affect me but if I was due out on an early flight tomorrow morning I would really like to know toniight if that flight has a chance of going, as I would be a bit unhappy if I woke at 5.00 to find it had been cancelled or when I got to the airport. Especially if I discovered that they had decided at 7:30 this evening that the airport would remain closed tomorrow morning.

Latest information from the BBC news:

Many UK airports are closed until at least 0100 BST on Monday because of volcanic ash from Iceland, with more disruption likely over coming days.

The no-fly zone will also see Heathrow, Gatwick and London City shut from 0100.

Manchester, Liverpool, East Midlands, Birmingham, Teesside, Norwich and Doncaster airports are among those closed in England.

Airports in Northern Ireland, parts of Scotland, some Scottish islands and the Isle of Man are also affected.

Travellers are urged to check with their airline.

They've just announced further closures 1am to 7am including Heathrow, Gatwick, London City etc.

Another day of further chaos tomorrow I suspect.

This would suggest that Ronldsway may be open in the morning, although there may be a limmited number of places flights can can to with many airports shut.

.....and again at 07:40.....the IOM Airport Website is still showing its "press release" for yesterday.......The Airport Director appears to speak and update Manx Radio but cannot be bothered to update her own Govt. website!! :angry: