Mea Shops--Loss Making Operation

MEA Shops  

234 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

MEA showrooms closing according to Energy FM facebook feed!

"All MEA shops are to close by the end of September. The MEA's five retail outlets have been making losses for a number of years. In 2010, the loss was £400,000."

Linkage

I for one feel sorry for the girls at the MEA showroom in Ramsey, they could not have been more helpful. Shame the MEA work couldn't have been incorporated with the Shoprite stores or similar.

I've bought a lot there in the past - frides, cookers, vacume cleaner. Always excellent support.

I agree, its is a shame they are having to close.

I have bought stuff in the past and have had no problems with service etc. from the staff on the shop floor so to speak, but The management surely has to be held to account for the gross miss-handling of the shops over the years. Lets face it times are tough for most but Waltons can still manage to get by so why should MEA be different? The only difference I can see is one is taxpayer funded!

I feel sorry for those who will become unemployed while the real perpetrators will get a 'sideways promotion' somewhere!

Brown, Lowey should face an independent review a la Murdoch did in the UK, this would be true transparency!!

Watch this space.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

they want to do it again to waste more time and money, enough money to convince the consultant to say what they want to hear.

I so agree with you. Experts from across. How many times have I heard that. Usually from the Government, if not in Civil Service Middle Management, then 'Top' Consultants employed from 'over there' at

if the original purpose of MEA shops was to promote the use of electricity I think they are now redundant, and the only thing they now need is an office for advice and accounts etc. There's enough ret

Go on then - where do you get online white goods delivered to the island from?

I've just bought a washing machine from John Lewis for £80 cheaper than I could get the same model on the island. It took 10 days to get here but delivery was free so I am prepared to wait to make a substantial saving. Amazon also deliver white goods to the island.

Though don't forget the forthcoming MEA 'closing down sale'.

I've just bought a washing machine from John Lewis for £80 cheaper than I could get the same model on the island. It took 10 days to get here but delivery was free so I am prepared to wait to make a substantial saving. Amazon also deliver white goods to the island.

• Like 1

Erm, I'm just wondering how this affects the guarantee on the tumble dryer I bought from them at Christmas.

as i suspect your guarantee is with the mea rather than just the shop you ought to be ok. but don't be surprised to see the workshops close to the day that the last warrenty expires. but if the mea gets renamed to nullify any outstanding warrentys you could be in the do do if the manufacturer guarantee doesn't cover you.

Erm, I'm just wondering how this affects the guarantee on the tumble dryer I bought from them at Christmas.

Read the guaratnee - with whom is it? If it's with the MEA then you're fine. They may try to wiggle out of it, the best thing to do in this situation is to attack fast and hard.

We will now await the introduction of 'white goods' at Tesco to the usual screams of approval from the stores 'groupies' Good luck when you want anything fixing or have any problems. The MEA have given a high-class and excellent service for many many years with top class staff. I for one will be sorry to see it go. Good luck to all the staff who are loosing their jobs. Another sad day for all of us who don't regard cheap as necessarily good. The Island is going down the pan as far as quality is concerned, but who cares as long as firms like Tesco thrive ?

How quick do you expect John Lewis staff to get here if anything goes wrong./ Thank-you for supporting the place that presumably pays your wages

What pissed me off and to be honest didn't surprise me is that Lowey did nothing to look for other companies to move into the MEA shops where there could be synergy effects which would help the employees keep their jobs. The Ramsey showroom is nice and big, there's plenty of room out back & (I think) upstairs. Five well-located showrooms, a good customer base, ...

Hell, I would have contacted Currys / Dixons etc. and asked whether they would be interested in a satellite option in Ramsey.

Holy crap, Lowey's further past his sell-by date than anything I can think of.

How quick do you expect John Lewis staff to get here if anything goes wrong./ Thank-you for supporting the place that presumably pays your wages

Many major companies out-source the support to local companies.