Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man

I think it's probably safe to say neither of us read the article....

But I'd like to see a comparison to other Chinese factories.

Edited by theycallmesteve

Just to let you know the announcement on the new 4G iPhone is at 18:00hrs BST tonight.

I suppose it depends what you're in to

I quite like

Pages / Numbers / Keynote

iBooks / Kindle / Zinio

Bento / Dropbox / Things / Evernote

Instapaper / GoodReader

Pinball HD / Angry Birds

Facebook, Twitter, 360 Live, eBuddy, Sky+, Real Racing, Modern Combat, Flick Kick Football and Fragger.

Oh and cydia :)

Edited by Virtual_Boy

The apps I use a lot are ...

WinAdmin - RDP

TeamViewer - Remote Control

GoodReader - PDF and doc reader

Dropbox - Gets files onto the ipad easily and integrates with GoodReader

Invoice2go

HulloMail

Spotify

TuneIn Radio

GrabRadio

Shed load of games, too many to list but I come back to Pinball HD & Angry Birds a lot.

I suppose it depends what you're in to

I quite like

Pages / Numbers / Keynote

iBooks / Kindle / Zinio

Bento / Dropbox / Things / Evernote

Instapaper / GoodReader

Pinball HD / Angry Birds

You were right about Pinball HD. It's bloody brilliant.

I work at Sure Mobile. We do sell Micro SIM's , however no numbers are assigned at present but as soon as we get 3G the SIM cards that are free at the moment will be activated with Numbers.

I work at Sure Mobile. We do sell Micro SIM's , however no numbers are assigned at present but as soon as we get 3G the SIM cards that are free at the moment will be activated with Numbers.

When are you getting 3G ?

With regard to the ipad, my son has had a look at a promotional samsung pa, it is essentially and ipad running android but has flash and can be seamlessly tethered with the samsung wave and galaxy s and with any other phone with a little setting mod so 3g model not really needed, the 7" is due to launch very soon after the press announcement on Aug 11th with the 10" model out November, it seems they will be 32gb with a memory slot and strong rumour of a camera. so in essence if you have a samsung phone and get one of these you are laughing if you are on the sure unlimited data. This has made me halt the plan to buy a ipad next week and wait, especially when you consider it will be about half the cost of an ipad. One other thing to not is that samsung are the company who make a lot of bit for the iphone and ipad especially the display parts and if the samsung pad is as good as my wave phone I will be very happy. Just goes to show 6 weeks ago I was an apple fan then they make one cockup and become very arrogant about it so that put me off the phone and I buy a samsung now I am doing the same with the pad and I may even follow suit with the touch if samsuns new version is as expected. I wonder how many others have done the same after the arrogance with the iphone 4 fiasco.

When are you getting 3G ?

And more importantly will it cost the same as Edge?

I shall hopefully be getting an ipad in the next couple of weeks, what are the reccomendations for apps?

some gooduns if you just scroll up....

also i quite like The Sun newspaper app.

Angry Birds HD is a must game wise.

The micro SIM is a good reason personally for me not to buy an iPhone 4. I understand that it is possible to cut the normal SIMs down to turn them into micro SIMs but if that is the case why on earth don't they just stick with the normal SIMs anyway? Is it one of those technical changes that is being done for change sake rather than improved service?

Due to a nomadic life we have an existing collection of PAYG SIMs from the various countries we spend time in each year - and the local mobile numbers to go with them. If my wife and I are in different places we need a normal SIM card for one of us in one location (not always the same one) and we need to continue to hold onto the 'local' numbers. I don't really fancy having to go round and get a second series of numbers simply for the iPhone.

P.S. How do you cut them without damaging them?