The World Cup Thread

Terse

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd liked to have got odds on Uruguay being the only South American team to make it to the semis.

better odds on them only getting there by cheating. Who could have predicted that? ...oh wait.

Dan, first you made unfounded, bizarre comments about Kaka, now you bleat on and on in your single-handed deluded belief that Uruguay should be kicked out of the tournament. Either you're racist against Latin Americans, myopically pro-African or stupid.

Dan, first you made unfounded, bizarre comments about Kaka, now you bleat on and on in your single-handed deluded belief that Uruguay should be kicked out of the tournament. Either you're racist against Latin Americans, myopically pro-African or stupid.

Are you drunk? or just plain stupid?

Go back and read my posts...

but it won't come to that. :)

I don't think it will either. I'm actually going to be watching the game with beers and Uruguayan mates who I know on Tuesday. Should be a good game although I fancy the Dutch to sneak it, especially without our star goalkeeper striker Suarez.

Dan - Brazil

Kaka only got that second yellow because he elbowed him in the chest. Had it been the face it would have been a straight red. Keita should have been booked for pretending it was his face.

Absolutely. It was very clear what Kaka was doing - and a yellow card was correctly shown.

It is funny how much people compalin about Kaita... especially the Brazilian players - when they themselves are the biggest divers and cheats. Fabiano! Great foul+hand+arm goal. Great dive to get the Ivory Coast player a yellow card! But when Brazil get a flavour of their own medicine (Keita's theatrics), it's all screaming and whining.

And then Uruguay

better odds on them only getting there by cheating. Who could have predicted that? ...oh wait.

Racist.

Aye.. i point out that Kaka was correctly shown the red card, and then the fact that Suarez cheated - a fact that is undenyable to anyone who watched that game.

Racist? I can only assume this is 'Declan humour' - an attempt to be funny.

Edited by DjDan

I used to love Football, the magic game reached a pinnacle with Man Utd doing the treble. Sitting in a very spit and saw dust pub watching the Man Utd beating the Germans and the whole pub cheering on Man U. Man U won. Then that vile arse joined Man U and football died for me.

Living in Barnet, there's no escaping the mighty Sarrys. Tis a proper game that inspires you to play on and run off that smack and a half, a while back this game was played

Sadly you have to put up with some PIA adverts

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid29318049001?bctid=88934082001

Best game in the world ever, the only knock on was so obvious.

Bah! Rambling. Sarriess FTW!

Aye.. i point out that Kaka was correctly shown the red card, and then the fact that Suarez cheated - a fact that is undenyable to anyone who watched that game.

Kaka wasn't correctly sent off - he was sent off because someone walked into him and then fell over clutching his head. And you go on to attack his nationality.

We disagree about whether Suarrez was cheating - he broke the rules and was punished accordingly (just as Harry Kewell was for the same offence earlier in the tournament when most commentators felt the punishment was too harsh) - you don't get on your high horse and scream about cheating every time someone commits a foul or a forward stands offside. There's a range of things that can be expected to happen in a sport and if they happen there's a range of consequences. Consider LBW in cricket, the batsman stops the ball from hitting the wicket with his leg and the laws say he's out - but that doesn't make every player out by lbw is a cheat.

But even if you're right you called all the Uruguayans cheats, just like you called the Brazilians.In fact when an African player runs into a South American and the African player falls over clutching his head rolling over and over to get the South American sent off - you call the South American a cheat. You disgust me.