Flybe ... Tips For Fair Booking Criteria

thesultanofsheight

So annoyed as just flown back in this afternoon as a last minute booking. To book I had to bypass Flybe's attempt to con you into travel insurance, seat allocation charges, and take my baggage costs off etc etc as I had no heavy luggage. Then when I get on the flight I get sat next to some great big fat sweaty twat. So I end up with 25% of a seat whilst this great big fat twat goes to sleep taking up 75% of the available seating space. Its just so unbelievably rude and ignorant - why can't they make you pay extra for taking up more than one seat if your a greedy fat sh*t? If billing for extras was fair there should be an 'overspill' charge for all the fat sweaty shits out there eating into my space but paying the same rate as me. To me he has saved money by getting away with 50% of the charge it would take to properly accomodate him

If I have to pay for all my extras individually why can't a big fat sh*t pay for the fact that he booked one seat and I ended up with 1/4 of a seat because he was just a bit fat slumbering, sweaty sh*t. Its completely unfair. Any thoughts?

Lucky it wasn't a long-haul flight I guess. Tempting to blame Flymaybe but I expect it could happen on any budget airline. No point complaining - once they've got your money you cease to exist.

I do blame Flymaybe - if they think its ok to charge me for extras they should charge him for his extra weight and the inconvienience it causes others. But really I was pissed off and loads of people read these boards so I hope that the so called fat lazy sh*t works out who he is and that nobody wants to sit next to some rude invasive slobbering slumbering tub of lard no matter how far they are flying. Now I know what parmesan cheese, sweat and dog sh*t smell like when they are fired through an air recirculation system. I'm not sure that its made me a more tolerant person though.

Edited by thesultanofsheight

Rather than insulting him anonymously on a forum he doesn't read, did you not feel strongly enough at the time to ask to be reseated...or say something to him when he was sprawling out invading your space?

So annoyed as just flown back in this afternoon as a last minute booking. To book I had to bypass Flybe's attempt to con you into travel insurance, seat allocation charges, and take my baggage costs off etc etc as I had no heavy luggage. Then when I get on the flight I get sat next to some great big fat sweaty twat. So I end up with 25% of a seat whilst this great big fat twat goes to sleep taking up 75% of the available seating space. Its just so unbelievably rude and ignorant - why can't they make you pay extra for taking up more than one seat if your a greedy fat sh*t? If billing for extras was fair there should be an 'overspill' charge for all the fat sweaty shits out there eating into my space but paying the same rate as me. To me he has saved money by getting away with 50% of the charge it would take to properly accomodate him

If I have to pay for all my extras individually why can't a big fat sh*t pay for the fact that he booked one seat and I ended up with 1/4 of a seat because he was just a bit fat slumbering, sweaty sh*t. Its completely unfair. Any thoughts?

You Sir are full of shite ...

you made up some totally ridiculous hypothetical situation that does not exist to justify a load of toss that you posted thinking that you were clever.

Lucky it wasn't a long-haul flight I guess. Tempting to blame Flymaybe but I expect it could happen on any budget airline. No point complaining - once they've got your money you cease to exist.

I do blame Flymaybe - if they think its ok to charge me for extras they should charge him for his extra weight and the inconvienience it causes others. But really I was pissed off and loads of people read these boards so I hope that the so called fat lazy sh*t works out who he is and that nobody wants to sit next to some rude invasive slobbering slumbering tub of lard no matter how far they are flying. Now I know what parmesan cheese, sweat and dog sh*t smell like when they are fired through an air recirculation system. I'm not sure that its made me a more tolerant person though.

I think it has, i remember a time you wudda gone mad over something like this.

Last year I booked two seats for myself so that I would not have to sit next to some riff raff, such as yourself, but was told I could not check in twice. So you can book two seats, but you cannot check in for them, and you cannot have twice the luggage allowance, even if you have paid for it, unless they have since changed their policy.

I am not the person you sat next to yesterday. I am just an average bloke who likes his privacy, and you sound like a whinging ninny. .

Southwest, the first low cost airline that ryanair is based on, have charged for extra seats for years:

Additional Seat Purchase – The purchase of more than one seat for use by a single passenger

is required in the following circumstances:

(1) To accommodate a Customer of size who encroaches on an adjacent seat area and/or is

unable to sit in a single seat with the armrests lowered;

(2) To transport a Customer who, because of his or her particular disability, would be

unable to travel without the purchase of additional space on the aircraft

they have an airline seat at checkin, if you cant fit in just like your carry on bag you have to book another seat. I bet the SSR fee is called MASS or FATS or CHUBS!

• 1 month later...

I have just been to the airport ticket desk to book 900 quids worth of travel with flybe. I did this to avoid being 'bent over' for the card charges and intended to pay in cash, this in principle should be simple enough, OH NO!!! whilst i could book and pay in cash because i was a walk in customer the cost of baggage doubled and thus negated any saving i would make using cash. I feel violated and will never get back the 40 mins of my life standing in line. I know this has all been said before. Thats the depressing thing. they make me feel violent. By the way i am now travelling by boat!!!