Who Is Nigel Howard Malpass?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are a great many ways that dear little Pam could describe herself - but very few that she would choose.

Wrong, NHM. Anonymity is not the antithesis of democracy, it is essential to it. Try having a democracy where our votes are not anonymous. It would be a return to the old days when business owners and

This looks a bit too much like a "personal vendetta" considering it's a first post. Posted in anger?

I don't think that anyone should be vilifying Nigel Malpass at present - we don't know all the facts. From experience in the international finance industry I know all too well how good people (especially those with large resources at their command) can be at concealing their identities as true beneficial owners. They may well have been fronted by firms of "reputable" lawyers (are there such things!) and have produced exemplary bank references. A lot of people in the finance sector will be saying "there but for the grace of God".

I don't think that anyone should be vilifying Nigel Malpass at present - we don't know all the facts. From experience in the international finance industry I know all too well how good people (especially those with large resources at their command) can be at concealing their identities as true beneficial owners. They may well have been fronted by firms of "reputable" lawyers (are there such things!) and have produced exemplary bank references. A lot of people in the finance sector will be saying "there but for the grace of God".

Propaganda coming from the US should be treated as such.

Look how many innocents have died as a result of their last big story.

Weapons of Mass Destruction? Oh yes.

Edited by Fossils

Agree with you on this.

I guess the New York Times has a lot more investigative power than NHM to track down the ownership of the vessels involved. Quite possibly they also have some feeds from the US Government to kick the story along.

John, I thought that there were already existing UN sanctions in place in relation to Iran - and that IRSL was on the "Iran List" updated in March this year and had been on the List since at least 2009.

• 4 years later...

Of course if the story were true it would be a bad example for the IOM to show to the world and do our reputation harm

The truth is of course that the resolution was passed at the UN yesterday and we have it in force here today. A notice has been issued and it is on the Government web site

Mr Malpass is a ship manager, its his job.

Its the yanks with their extra territorial legislation (no trade with Cuba, no online gambling, anywhere etc )we need to beware of. As far as I am aware we always adopt and apply UN sanctions immediately

Surely as this matter has been raised on the Forum, this would be an ideal opportunity for Nigel to come on and provide us all with the facts before his reputation becomes damaged further.

• Like 1

Of course if the story were true it would be a bad example for the IOM to show to the world and do our reputation harm

The truth is of course that the resolution was passed at the UN yesterday and we have it in force here today. A notice has been issued and it is on the Government web site

Its the yanks with their extra territorial legislation (no trade with Cuba, no online gambling, anywhere etc )we need to beware of. As far as I am aware we always adopt and apply UN sanctions immediately

Surely as this matter has been raised on the Forum, this would be an ideal opportunity for Nigel to come on and provide us all with the facts before his reputation becomes damaged further.

it was 5 years ago :lol:

But what was more regrettable than the ineptly constructed email's content - with which I totally disagree - was that it had been sent anonymously. This is the antithesis of democracy and freedom of speech and serves no useful purpose to the correspondent's argument, however specious it may be.

Wrong, NHM. Anonymity is not the antithesis of democracy, it is essential to it. Try having a democracy where our votes are not anonymous. It would be a return to the old days when business owners and landlords controlled who their workers or tenants voted for. Anonymity allows freedom of conscience in the voting process.

• Like 2

it was 5 years ago :lol:

One of the less than delightful aspects of Manx politics is that the principle of 'No matter what it is say nothing and people will soon forget it'.

And sadly people do. Take the outrageous claim by Tear that he has 'balanced the books' which honest people believed that in some mysterious way he had solved the clustermuck that the present shower had previously not even admitted.

What he SHOULD have said was that he had managed to fund the budget by raiding reserves and leaving black holes unresolved for someone else at some future time to agonise over before admitting defeat and setting goodness knows what changes under way.

So in the absence of any --- explanations of matters that ARE in the public interest combined with a less than satisfactory managing of a difficult situation in Ramsey raising this issue may be no bad thing.

• Like 1