Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
manshimajin

Callow's Yard 'jewel Of The Island'

The more I hear of Cregeen's capabilities is the more convinced I am that he is future Chief Minister material.

• Like 1

The more I hear of Cregeen's capabilities is the more convinced I am that he is future Chief Minister material.

And now I believe the loco is running once again, pounding its way across the metals.

But yes, I believe you're right. GC's only sin was to associate with a loco that didn't work.

That he lost his job over it seems churlish by the Manx standard of governing. Damn lucky for the electorate though, long may the practice continue.

TBT.

The man is a buffoon.

He clearly isnt a business man of any description regarding retail however his last throw of the dice is to change to residential apartments.

And guess what type of apartments they will be?. Bog standard like the rest of Callows yard and guess who is tenants will be?, yup social tenants and who'll be lining his pocket with rent each week, yup again us the taxpayer.

Maybe he aint so stoopid.

He's a more successful businessman than most of us will ever be. He's probably lost some cash on this, but I doubt it touches much of his wealth.

+1

Maybe true Slinky', but it's the dent to his ego that will rankle.

Some you win and some you lose; but the Tilleard's of this world aren't overly enamoured with losing.

He comes across as a dilettante with this deal and no amount of face saving shenanigins will alter the fact. He's now throwing good money after bad for no positive public relations gains, nor solution to the problem (no tenants = no rent).

His peers will be chuckling into their G&T's awaiting his next faux pas.

Meanwhile the residents of Castletown will have to suffer more uncertainty.

TBT

It's just a shame that the parties involved cant resolve their differences. This has been dragged through media for too long.

• Like 1

Mr Tilleyard will now be provided with a retail expert from the D.E.D according to a leaked letter to the Examiner.

Given the developers track record will he take notice?

Does anyone know the retail expert and his track record?

Would this senerio be a good television programme or a Pinweood film?

Why is Shimmin so involved in Callow’s Yard and Tilleard's business interests?

According to the press, DED is about to bring in a shopping expert to help him out, again at the expense of the Manx payer.

I hear that Shimmin has also got himself involved in Tilleards other planning applications up in Abbeylands.

Questions have to be raised on his motives, and if he going beyond his ministerial powers once again.

• Like 1

Mr Tilleyard will now be provided with a retail expert from the D.E.D

A retail expert in DED? Hopefully the same woman behind ShopIOM , that will finish him off.

• Like 1

And now I believe the loco is running once again, pounding its way across the metals.

But yes, I believe you're right. GC's only sin was to associate with a loco that didn't work.

That he lost his job over it seems churlish by the Manx standard of governing. Damn lucky for the electorate though, long may the practice continue.

TBT.

Paper today says it's still not working correctly, even with a new motor !

According to the press, DED is about to bring in a shopping expert to help him out, again at the expense of the Manx payer.

They'll probably recommend he puts a Tesco Express there.

• Like 3

They'll probably recommend he puts a Tesco Express there.

either that or start selling washing up bowls for around £60.

And perhaps he could do with a catchy jingle to let people know where it is.

Edited by j2bad

And perhaps he could do with a catchy jingle to let people know where it is.

"Callows Yard...oh oh oh oh oh oh ohoh" ?

Ron , he's not as wealthy as people think!

Yup.

I heard that too. He spent other peoples money.

Castletown people knew it was a scam from the start. He wanted apartments.

He told the town he was not in competition with existing shops.then he opened an off license opposite the off licence, a newsagents opposite the newsagent, an electrical shop opposite TB's etc etc.

He actually opened the off licence without a license.

He leased the shops out with an impossible covenent. They had to pay him a percentage of the profits. People tried, they invested their savings believing the sell, but the covenents were too far reaching.

The plan was apartments from the start. A long term investment yes, but I am positive his investors knew of the plan from the beginning.

Remember the marina plan?

I know lots of people who got jobs in the retail there, full of hope for their future, just to be dumped as pawns in a planning application game.

Just my opinion of course......

• Like 1