Why not let's have a big 5 year swap? The private sector can do f**k all for five years and get paid twice as much as everyone else and get a gold plated pension each and a contract so you can't get sacked at all and piss away all the money (topped up when they make any mistakes), and the public sector can run all the companies and worry about generating the income?

Edited by Albert Tatlock
  • Like 3
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Or: Tynwald is clearly being abused by some members who are effectively using it as a retirement fund.

In the Report ‘Government Support for the Sefton Group’ there are a number of what might be called core or central propositions which if successfully challenged render the supporting explanations stan

It is self interest, short-sightedness, poor planning, and thinking we still live in the 1950's, that has made Douglas the ever-worsening shit hole it is. People need to stand up against such iss

Posted Images

I think the 'BIG QUESTION' behind all of this (and I see Mr Cannan Junior has gone public on this now) is:

Is it fundamentally right or wrong that these sort of deals can be the gift of such a small number of individuals? I must admit it scares the crap out of me!!

I've never stayed in the Sefton. Is it any good?

Not especially. It's run on a shoestring with a skeleton staff, and it shows. On the plus side most of the staff have a rudimentary grasp of English and years ago I worked with someone who's sister had a nice meal there, so that's good too.

Not especially. It's run on a shoestring with a skeleton staff, and it shows. On the plus side most of the staff have a rudimentary grasp of English and years ago I worked with someone who's sister had a nice meal there, so that's good too.

What about The Palace? It's never occured to me to ever say in a hotel in the Isle of Man.

What about The Palace? It's never occured to me to ever say in a hotel in the Isle of Man.

We stayed at the new one in Ramsey a few weeks ago.

Very comfortable, well appointed room. Extremely decent meal, breakfast was OK too. Free WiFi throughout - I would recommend it. Good value for a low price.

All areas of the Palace are lacking investment, it really does not look like there has been any large scale refurb done in a decade or two and so its all pretty tired. If a decent hotel like Marrott or Hilton opened here neither Sefton or Palace would see the year out.

We stayed at the new one in Ramsey a few weeks ago.

Very comfortable, well appointed room. Extremely decent meal, breakfast was OK too. Free WiFi throughout - I would recommend it. Good value for a low price.

Ramsey Park Hotel, agreed, stayed there 2 weeks ago, ace, can't wait to go back. Seftons good too if you get an atrium room, dear though, maybe taxpayers will get a discount until the loan we've given them is repaid? Still in favour of asset stripping, is it too late to get the strippers back on at Castle Mona for TT?

I think the 'BIG QUESTION' behind all of this (and I see Mr Cannan Junior has gone public on this now) is:

Is it fundamentally right or wrong that these sort of deals can be the gift of such a small number of individuals? I must admit it scares the crap out of me!!

http://www.manx.net/tv/mt-tv/isle-of-man-news-archive/April/2013 - cannan

Palace was alright the only time I stayed there (2007) nice breakfast too. Could be a different matter now though.

This may come as no surprise, but having just watched the interview with Messrs Teare and Bell on manx.net, I can only draw one conclusion. They can't even get basic facts right, so how the hell are they responsible enough to manage our Island and our taxpayers money?

One simple fact that Mr Teare I can only summise made up on the fly.

"26% of bedspace is controlled by the Sefton Group....."

According to the 2012 Digest of Economic & Social Statistics issued by....yes, the Isle of Man Goverment, in 2011 there were 5,296 beds spaces within the tourist industry. So, if my maths is correct, the Sefton Group has 1,376 bed spaces.

Surely not??