Albert - an understandable mistake but I've not been employed as a journalist since giving up Mandate and the newsroom in 2008. Since then I've been employed (or latterly contracted) as a presenter.

I appreciate that TH touches on current affairs, but it's a platform for listeners views, comments and questions rather than a hard news/CA programme and doesn't come under the auspices of the newsroom.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Or: Tynwald is clearly being abused by some members who are effectively using it as a retirement fund.

In the Report ‘Government Support for the Sefton Group’ there are a number of what might be called core or central propositions which if successfully challenged render the supporting explanations stan

It is self interest, short-sightedness, poor planning, and thinking we still live in the 1950's, that has made Douglas the ever-worsening shit hole it is. People need to stand up against such iss

Posted Images

Well telling them (or not telling them) you're recording their mobile numbers isn't going to help

Do you have special dispensation from the Data Protection folk to do that?

Well telling them (or not telling them) you're recording their mobile numbers isn't going to help

Radio Manx Limited is registered as a data controller.

I believe the phone numbers are recorded even if the caller has phone number display turned to off.

I was just thinking...What with Mr. Robertshaws' extensive knowledge of the running of the Sefton, coupled with his position as Minister for social care, underlined by means testing, social housing rent increases, along with all the snatch backs of child care funding etc. In this climate of financial woes, don't you think the Sefton would make a really cost efficient workhouse? wink.png

Getting back to the subject in hand - i.e. the Sefton - I am confused by something john Shimmin said on Tuesday - "the Sefton Group are leasing back the Middlemarch site from Government on a five-year lease. The lease is on fullrepairing and insuring terms, with Sefton responsible for all outgoings. The property is let at a rent of £160,000 per annum exclusive, paid quarterly in advance, and I can confirm that the first 320 quarter’s rent has been paid. As part of the totality of agreement, there is an option in place which provides for the Sefton Group to buy the site back. The option lasts for five years. In parallel with this and due to an existing covenant on the land in respect of car parking, there is also an option to Twickenham Ltd, the covenant owners, to acquire the property on the same terms. This option follows the expiry of Sefton’s option and lasts for a period of three months. In the event that neither of these options is taken up, Government then has the right to require the site to be bought back by the Sefton Group, an option which lasts for a further five years. The price specified in all of these options is Government ’s purchase price of £3.2 million, plus inflation, and in this manner the taxpayer is protected from any fall in the value of the site, while the Sefton Group and Twickenham have the clarity they require." Does this mean that the land is tied up for 5 years plus three months plus another five years?

Did the Government have to lease the land back? Could the Government have secured greater safeguards? Despite being in what I would have thought was strong bargaining position, the Government appears to have "rolled over" because it was concerned that the deal might have collapsed, and it wanted to protect the Sefton's investors.

I was just thinking...What with Mr. Robertshaws' extensive knowledge of the running of the Sefton, coupled with his position as Minister for social care, underlined by means testing, social housing rent increases, along with all the snatch backs of child care funding etc. In this climate of financial woes, don't you think the Sefton would make a really cost efficient workhouse? ;)

Would be somewhere to put all those pesky Nurture kids too. Stop them bothering the schools' budget.

Does anyone know anything about this Twickenham company, who apparently have an option on the Middlemarch site? I've looked on the internet, but couldn't find anything out about them?

do you think by any chance some Govt mis-information in that Twickenham Limited should read perhaps as either

BALLAPADDAG FARM PRODUCE LIMITED formerly Twickenham Properties Limited

or

Twickenham Investments Limited, formerly Robinsons Developments Limited

and bear in mind allegedly "Twickenham Limited" owns the former Yates' Wine Lodge building where as Anglo Irish Trust that used to be E&Y used to operate from and where Peter Horsthius used to be a director...maybe just co-incidental - what do you think??

which reminds me that I thought I heard or saw on here that Ropbinsons are allegedly owed / were owed a big slab by the Sefton Group.. wonder if the outstanding account has been paid from the Govt loan...