Douglas Under Siege, Lock Your Doors, Do Not Answer Them

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know I have previously posted on this thread about my "run in" with some Jehovas at my door but I have to tell you about the two very nice "mormons" that visited me today. On opening the door I was greeted with a good afternoon, and a nice smile from two very nice ladies who asked if I had time to talk to them about God. I politely refused and they wished me a very good day and left without any other attempts to try to speak to me. Now, they have either heard what happened to my previous callers or they were genuinely nice ladies... I would like to think it was the latter.

Do you live on the Island?

I was visited by a nice older lady a couple of weeks ago on a Saturday morning. She said she had dropped some leaflets around the previous week, so i shouted my wife and asked her if she knew where they were (i thought she might be a catalogue seller or something)

My wife said she hadn't been given any leaflets which i relayed to the lady. She then said they were about Jesus Christ and would i like to talk about him. I said i didn't know him well enough to comment just to lighten the mood

She smiled and asked me if i was sure i didn't want to speak to her about him and i simply said my wife and I were not religious people, but i hope she has a lovely weekend and to be careful on the slippy ice on my driveway

I have no problem with people like this and i even admire them for going out in the freezing cold.

The hard sellers give the OK ones a bad name i think

Edited by somewhatdamaged

I have no problem with people like this and i even admire them for going out in the freezing cold.
Why the admiration? Would you admire a different old woman who had walked walked mile upon mile in the biting cold and in knee high snow to tell you that was she was convinced that the goddess Hecate was real and wanted to share her 'truth'?

Unless you just admire an old woman who is willing to leave the house on a very cold day.

I have a massive problem with anyone who wants to peddle their stupid views door to door. Even if they are mad old grannies with bugger all to do on a Sunday afternoon.

Why the admiration? Would you admire a different old woman who had walked walked mile upon mile in the biting cold and in knee high snow to tell you that was she was convinced that the goddess Hecate was real and wanted to share her 'truth'?

Unless you just admire an old woman who is willing to leave the house on a very cold day.

lol maybe LDV, i didn't quite think of it like that

How to get to Heaven from Yorkshire ..

A teacher was testing children in a Barnsley Sunday school class to see if they understood the concept of getting into heaven.

She asked them, "If I sold my house and my car, had a big jumble sale and gave all my money to the church, would that get me into heaven?"

"NO!" the children answered.

"If I cleaned the church every day, mowed the garden and kept everything tidy, would that get me into heaven?"

Again, the answer was 'No!'

By now she was starting to smile.

"Well, then, if I was kind to animals and gave sweeties to all the children, and loved my husband, would that get me into heaven?"

Again, they all answered 'No!'

She was just bursting with pride for them. She continued, "Then how can I get into heaven?"

A six year old boy shouted, "Tha's got t' be chuffin' dead"

Brings a tear ter y' eye...

I think they about again now its getting towards Christmas,maybe with all the lights in the windows they think that a few conversions are in the pipeline.

They were doing the Pulrose area last night around 8.30pm,I don't know if they were Mormons or Jehover,I opened the door three inchs,one said hello my collegue and I,I said goodnight I'M going to bed,they had bibles in their hands too.

I know I have previously posted on this thread about my "run in" with some Jehovas at my door but I have to tell you about the two very nice "mormons" that visited me today. On opening the door I was greeted with a good afternoon, and a nice smile from two very nice ladies who asked if I had time to talk to them about God. I politely refused and they wished me a very good day and left without any other attempts to try to speak to me. Now, they have either heard what happened to my previous callers or they were genuinely nice ladies... I would like to think it was the latter.

Do you live on the Island?

errm yes I do. Why else would I comment!