Shop Local...yeah Right!

I have tried to shop locally, and was lured by the ads on radio about a local insurer providing sterling service. I rang them late one afternoon about a week ago and asked for a motor quotation, the guy I spoke to took all my details and said he would be back to me in the morning with a quote ! I'm still waiting, or rather I'm not as I've done it online. I could tell by his demeanour it was late in the day and he really couldn't be arsed !

I left it five days then went elsewhere. I didn't use the internet in the first instance I rang them to speak to a local real person, waste of my time !!

• Like 1
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Learnt a long time ago not to let it "auto renew".

I am led to believe one of them has been looking into getting freight over here.

fucking leech.

I have tried to shop locally, and was lured by the ads on radio about a local insurer providing sterling service. I rang them late one afternoon about a week ago and asked for a motor quotation, the guy I spoke to took all my details and said he would be back to me in the morning with a quote ! I'm still waiting, or rather I'm not as I've done it online. I could tell by his demeanour it was late in the day and he really couldn't be arsed !

I left it five days then went elsewhere. I didn't use the internet in the first instance I rang them to speak to a local real person, waste of my time !!

strangely enough i got my renewal last week, £320 comp,i thought this is ott so i got on line and had a quote for £162,fair enough you say but i looked in the manx yellow pages and had a quote from a company down south for £144,my insurer who i've been with a long time wont be getting my business this year.

Edited by hillshepherd

I wonder how many burger vans are selling manx produce? Burgers and baps for example.

Will all be "local", as in both bought frozen from Agrimark / Jack Frost / Robinsons.

strangely enough i got my renewal last week, £320 comp,i thought this is ott so i got on line and had a quote for £162,fair enough you say but i looked in the manx yellow pages and had a quote from a company down south for £144,my insurer who i've been with a long time wont be getting my business this year.

Still sounds dear for an older gent, I only pay £100 for a high group high performance vehicle.

Still sounds dear for an older gent, I only pay £100 for a high group high performance vehicle.

where they get their premiums from i really cant figure.

Per year ? How big is your excess?

excess,you mean the first £100 which i have to pay !.

Without digging it out, less than £500.

All this talk about the ads on the radio we must remember that even the Manx Radio commercials about shop local are made in the UK!

If they paid more to have them produced here, then they would be slated for spending too much money.

FFS why all this hating on Manx Radio ?

Manx Radio are on the top of the tree and there a lot of empty branches below them to where the other two are.

Without digging it out, less than £500.

You have a good deal there then.smile.png