Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Lao

Nationalist Scribblings

Pat & Jim - has the standard of humour in this forum fallen so far that such an obvious cheap shot as John's needs to be drawn out of the original text and then emboldened in case we missed it. It must be hell watching a comedy with you clod-hopping galutes repeating every joke.

It wasn't a cheap shot. I never mentioned any one, I can honestly say i had no individual, and ceratinly not the one mentioned, in my mind. It is a well recognised colloquialism for an important issue. On Snitz bulletin board forums for instance a toic which atttracts muliple posts in a short time is given a flame symbol to indicate that it is a burning issue.

NB jimbms should not be posting what he did due to the Rehabilitation of Offenders legislation. Criminal offence there, even if the person in question has the offence on their CV. Odd legislation, but there we are.

NB NB My recollection is that, as evidenced by the lesser sentence imposed, one of the FSO three did not do any fire setting but was the getaway driver. I cannot say which one, of course.

Pat & Jim - has the standard of humour in this forum fallen so far that such an obvious cheap shot as John's needs to be drawn out of the original text and then emboldened in case we missed it. It must be hell watching a comedy with you clod-hopping galutes repeating every joke.

It wasn't a cheap shot. I never mentioned any one, I can honestly say i had no individual, and ceratinly not the one mentioned, in my mind. It is a well recognised colloquialism for an important issue. On Snitz bulletin board forums for instance a toic which atttracts muliple posts in a short time is given a flame symbol to indicate that it is a burning issue.

NB jimbms should not be posting what he did due to the Rehabilitation of Offenders legislation. Criminal offence there, even if the person in question has the offence on their CV. Odd legislation, but there we are.

NB NB My recollection is that, as evidenced by the lesser sentence imposed, one of the FSO three did not do any fire setting but was the getaway driver. I cannot say which one, of course.

I didn't do the highlighting, just thought it was funny to see who picked up on it, even Phil makes cracks about it in Keys so fair game in my book.

As for the driver of the van, boys will be boys.

Ok just to please those with no sense of humour it has been edited,but note I did not mention any offence just a play on words, your own mind thought of the offence.

It's not a lack of a sense of humour, it's an objection to the need to keep repeating the same joke. It's been made dozens of times previously on the forum, so why repeat it three times in this thread. Also I thought it rather insulting that you thought we wouldn't get Pat's unsubtle post without your added emphasis. Jokes work because operate on two levels, you removed a level.

John - of course you didn't name names. You didn't need to - it's all in your choice of words.

Far too much emphaisis is put on the English - it was very much the British culture which has so influenced the world, whether from its writings, or from its maritime tradition. Of course the English are a part of that, but you cannot ignore the Scottish enlightenment or the longevity of Celtic thought and travel.

The emphasis is put on the English by the English. They are usually the ones who speak of English being British, and vice versa. History tends to support the notion that it was the rest of these islands' population who did the work and the English who claimed the credit.

I dont know some arse daubs some crap on a wall and you are all getting heavy over it, listen I'm not English I'm a scouser and I'm not moaning about anything. :rolleyes:

I dont know some arse daubs some crap on a wall and you are all getting heavy over it, listen I'm not English I'm a scouser and I'm not moaning about anything. :rolleyes:

Then you can't really be a Scouser! :lol:

just went past park road school, and noticed another one. Dont know if i missed it last time or it is new, it was alongside the "manx not british" slogan and read:

END

LONDON

RULE

a lot less ambiguous, clearly implies an interest in freedom from crown dependency.

and to any nationalist reading this, by resorting to indoctrination of the young and susceptible as the only viable method of propagating your policies, you have weakened the position of nationalism in the public eye that bit further.

I would think the young have put this slogan up. All by themselves.

John - of course you didn't name names. You didn't need to - it's all in your choice of words.

I have to say, before reading John's reply I didn't think for a minute that a joke was being made by use of the word 'burning'. Though from someone who hasn't heard the joke before, I do think it is a little funny.

and to any nationalist reading this, by resorting to indoctrination of the young and susceptible as the only viable method of propagating your policies, you have weakened the position of nationalism in the public eye that bit further.

I would think the young have put this slogan up. All by themselves.

Really? They are quite a lot of silly older people.

I am very surprised, however, at the number of people who have joined the Facebook site. It is slightly irritating when you realise just how dumb a lot of people's politics are, in that they don't amount to much thinking behind them other than just some feeling that they need to shout about being Manx and go with the crowd.

Declan you have it wrong. I have made it clear I did not have the intention you impute. You are just making mischief.

What? You used it inadvertently? And had no idea that someone like Pat would take that inference on it?