Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
jennybrew

What Happened In Willaston?

That Mr Moore looks a bit shifty.

:D

"There were cheers as Mr Moore, a well known postman, swept his wife in his arms to cross the threshold, followed by six-year-old son David. His main worry was whether or not his tortoise would be considered a prohibited, dangerous pet."

I think young David looked a bit of a slapped-arse to be honest.

back handers work well. knocking the shit's off there feet

Please do not breed.

what has happened there? my parents were born in willaston in the 30's and i was raised there in the 90's. it was a great place, very friendly and welcoming. (

Wow. Apart from the place always being a dump, you must have had the oldest parents ever.

Another piddling little dick with an extremely poor attempt at levity.

Again, we all appreciate the art of humour but this isn't it.

Sincerely hope you remain a single individual and can I suggest talking to your GP about changing/strengthening your meds.

Cheers

problem with kids behaving like this is they have no respect for authority and the threat of the police has little effect as thye turn up to speak to the parents and are given a torrent abuse from the parents so what hope do these kids have? my daughter is 10 and not a cat in hells chance would she be wandering round at 10pm at night!!!

This is the second time I have come across 'respect for authority'. This sort of daily mail use of the term 'respect' doesn't deserve much respect, but if you are talking about how these children should have a good opinion of authority and authority figures then absolutely not.

Besides, what different would it make it those children did have such respect? This isn't about authority.

You are right, LDV, I think.

Thinking about it, it is about care and respect for your fellow neighbour. Could you, hand on heart, say that you care for your neighbour??

Just a quick defence on my term of respect for authority....the police turning up at your door they are an autority figure and I would of been scared Sh**less of them in my day but they dont seem to be nowadays. Like I said respect is always a 2 way street and you have to earn it and thats something i try to teach my kids.

Authority used to be the police and your parents nowadays its rarely either.

Tell me as a kid LDV would you have said your parents were authority figures?

problem with kids behaving like this is they have no respect for authority and the threat of the police has little effect as thye turn up to speak to the parents and are given a torrent abuse from the parents so what hope do these kids have? my daughter is 10 and not a cat in hells chance would she be wandering round at 10pm at night!!!

This is the second time I have come across 'respect for authority'. This sort of daily mail use of the term 'respect' doesn't deserve much respect, but if you are talking about how these children should have a good opinion of authority and authority figures then absolutely not.

Besides, what different would it make it those children did have such respect? This isn't about authority.

and you are?????

I'd hazard a guess at an old bloke who lives in a council house. With a penchant for impregnating younger ladies.

I made a personal observation of this poster and from the response above that observation was bang on the button.

Sorry for my absence from the forum and lateness in replying to my initial post.

I received a call from a nice policewoman today. seems she had heard about the post and the stir it was causing in here, and called to ask for information so she could deal with the issue .

I hope it does get sorted and while i was not trying to involve the police, i am glad she has taken this issue under her wing in hopes to sort it out.

this type of behavior is not by any means isolated to Willaston, but it was just a shock to see a area that i grew up in turning that way.

In regards to my parents growing up in willaston :) sorry my parents were born in the 30's and moved into the 7th house that was built on the willaston estate :) my father watched as the rest of willaston was built. ( his house was actually the only house in wilastion to have a phone as my granddad was on the coast guard .. but that my friends is a another story ) :)

Thank you all for your support with the issue of these mouthy kids.

So the place is a 'dump' full of wild feral kids roaming the streets ? Might explain why all these terribly selfish people are paying lower rent to live in these lovely big houses that they apparently have according to another recent thread !!!!

Seriously though, the place is not a dump and once again armchair pundits who have probably never lived there for some reason think that they are experts and cast sweeping generalisations based on one incident.

My family and their neighbours have lived there for many years very happily with the minimum of trouble. Their home is comfortable and spotlessly clean. They have never had property damaged such as cars which has happened to myself and many others living in Douglas and beyond.

As with any area, please stop generalising, you have a majority of decent friendly people (including kids) and a minority of idiots who cause problems and grief. This is irrespective of location, class etc.

Sorry sausage, but no-one before your post called Willaston a dump. It would appear to be you generalising.

And if you read my post properly (its okay we can get someone with some crayons in if you like) I was talking about feral kids in general, not just localised to the IOM.

And the problem with the minority of idiots. Its growing. And nothing is being done to stop it. And I agree with what a previous poster said "Battle Royale FTW"

what has happened there? my parents were born in willaston in the 30's and i was raised there in the 90's. it was a great place, very friendly and welcoming. (

Wow. Apart from the place always being a dump, you must have had the oldest parents ever.

So nobody in the thread called Willaston a dump ?

Ok MDO just to help you out as you are a bit simple. I clicked on the number 1, thats page 1 of the thread. I have highlighted the post in question. I have made the word slightly more readable for you too as your little brain doesnt seem to be able to cope with reading a whole thread before jumping in with your bullshit.

And at least get some of your own putdowns you fat little dickhead, time for stoopid boy to take his crayons back I think.

Will await your apology for clearly talking shit about nobody calling the place a dump when you were factually WRONG !

Edited by sausage

So nobody in the thread called Willaston a dump ?

Ok MDO just to help you out as you are a bit simple. I clicked on the number 1, thats page 1 of the thread. I have highlighted the post in question. I have made the word slightly more readable for you too as your little brain doesnt seem to be able to cope with reading a whole thread before jumping in with your bullshit.

And at least get some of your own putdowns you fat little dickhead, time for stoopid boy to take his crayons back I think.

Will await your apology for clearly talking shit about nobody calling the place a dump when you were factually WRONG !

Still waiting for that apology MDO............See that once you had been factually wrong on this thread, you sloped off to another thread. This time you were spouting rubbish and professing to be an expert about what kids want to do in the summer despite not having any kids yourself. Really is there no end to the subjects that you are an idiot expert on ?!!