Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
manshimajin

Phil Gawne

I would think if you take over a new, large government department it makes sense to have a thorough look at what is going on and ask a few questions.

It seems that is just what Phil Gawne is doing. I think he's a very straight guy.

Incidentally what has happened to John Shimmin? He doesn't seem to have said anything since he took over DEFA.

He hasn't fallen into the combine harvester has he???

Surreal, what's a Ccv?

the 3 digit security number on the back of your bank card

Surreal, what's a Ccv?

the 3 digit security number on the back of your bank card

Was that guy real? He is certainly irrelevant.

I would think if you take over a new, large government department it makes sense to have a thorough look at what is going on and ask a few questions.

It seems that is just what Phil Gawne is doing. I think he's a very straight guy.

Incidentally what has happened to John Shimmin? He doesn't seem to have said anything since he took over DEFA.

He hasn't fallen into the combine harvester has he???

He may be but I see this as just posturing. Surely it would be better if he just got on with the job of trying to correct the waste and bad practices and then detailed the problems after he has resolved or if there is no movement and he hopes public pressure will assist resolution.

All he has done so far is, whilst making himself look good, make the chances of employees, unions etc agreeing to changes more remote. It may have needed saying but probably best during or after the battle rather than before.

Which makes Big Bill Malarkey's bleating for a 5% Tynwald Members pension contribution look pretty weak.

I vote Bill for next CM.

How on earth did an arsonist/ failed accountant end up as a member of the house of keys ? who voted for this character and why ? if he didnt go into politics i'm sure his

next move would have been religion like politics it takes any extreme of society.......

How on earth did an arsonist/ failed accountant end up as a member of the house of keys ? who voted for this character and why ? if he didnt go into politics i'm sure his

next move would have been religion like politics it takes any extreme of society.......

Thread resurrection of the year...

I for one like Gawne - he comes across as someone who actually cares about the place he's been elected to look after - not something you can say about many of the current lot.

I for one like Gawne - he comes across as someone who actually cares about the place he's been elected to look after - not something you can say about many of the current lot.

well i admire your loyalty to him, however he kind of sums up manx politics ... amateurish and half baked... he maybe passionate, but he was when he burnt down the house at Tromode

still made him a criminal and completely wrong .....

well i admire your loyalty to him, however he kind of sums up manx politics ... amateurish and half baked... he maybe passionate, but he was when he burnt down the house at Tromode

and how did Juan Turner get to be on the MLC? last time i knew he was a platitudinous presenter on some asinine radio station ! oh forgot similar job hes doing now then ,,,,

and how did Juan Turner get to be on the MLC? last time i knew he was a platitudinous presenter on some asinine radio station ! oh forgot similar job hes doing now then ,,,,

Complaining from the side lines is easy to do. Get your behind of the couch, show you're serious and stand for election yourself!

I did. Didn't win but learned a lot - and earned the right to complain as at least I tried - instead of just venting my anger by means of an anonymous identity on an internet forum.

Just sayin, like....and happy to assist people who toy with the thought of standing next year. The way I see it, there's gonna be one vacant seat in South and one veeeeery vulnerable MHK to be fired at - someone who took the electorate for a ride last time by pretending to have an allegiance to someone popular and then showing his true colours. Time his little trip into politics comes to an end and he returns to fixing washing machines.

Complaining from the side lines is easy to do. Get your behind of the couch, show you're serious and stand for election yourself!

I did. Didn't win but learned a lot - and earned the right to complain as at least I tried - instead of just venting my anger by means of an anonymous identity on an internet forum.

Just sayin, like....and happy to assist people who toy with the thought of standing next year. The way I see it, there's gonna be one vacant seat in South and one veeeeery vulnerable MHK to be fired at - someone who took the electorate for a ride last time by pretending to have an allegiance to someone popular and then showing his true colours. Time his little trip into politics comes to an end and he returns to fixing washing machines.

I couldn't possibly comment

I couldn't possibly comment

:lol:

I see I got the last comment before the thread was resurrected.

Ah well, I'll requote:

I vote Bill for next CM.

As regards the arson, I have to have some respect for a man who was prepared to commit a crime and to go to jail to make a political point, as history has shown an illegal protest is often the catalyst which brings about change for the better (or worse)

On a personal level I think he is a genuine guy and any dealings I have had with him he's alway played it straight, unlike some of Tynwald's duplicitous mendicants sleeching their way up the greasy pole