Nightlife - Closed And Sold

So Nightlife has been closed and the rumours are that it has been sold with the Brewery (H&B) having some sort of clause that it's sold on the condition of not re-opening as a licensed venue ie pub/club. Does anyone know anything official about this?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Nightlife has been closed and the rumours are that it has been sold with the Brewery (H&B) having some sort of clause that it's sold on the condition of not re-opening as a licensed venue ie pub/club. Does anyone know anything official about this?

The place which used to be the Saddle ?

most people will know it from its real name.

shitlife

Here's what I learnt at the weekend (largely based on "a bloke said in the pub").

Fri 30th

Nightlife closed on Health & Safety grounds Fri 30 July & Sat 31 July (source Ramsey Police Facebook).

Sat 31st

Nightlife closed for good. (source bloke in the pub)

Felton's Ironmongers asked brewery if they could rent space. Request declined because it was still going to be a pub. (source staff member of Feltons)

Nightlife to be refurbished and operated as a pub (source bloke in the pub)

Nightlife to be converted into new hub for monorail and also house a felt museum (source I just made it up)

Sun 1st

Three brewery suits carrying briefcases spotted going to a meeting with another Ramsey publican @ 1300. Nature of meeting unknown. (Source bloke in the pub)

Monday 2nd

Closed for good. (source some DJ bloke's facebook page)

So, as you can see, there are plenty of rumours but the only fact so far confirmed is that it was shut last weekend.

IIRC if the brewery sell one of their houses it is their normal practice to attach a "no pub" clause to the deal. It's really just commercial common sense. No point in selling and then have the new owner competing against you.

As for kept quiet, if a sale has taken place, then as soon as the deed is registered it will become a matter of public record. I wouldn't publicise a forthcoming property deal and I don't see why they should either.

and also house a felt museum

Oh how my spirit soared when I read that - only to learn that it was made up.

Fate can be so cruel.......

Here's what I learnt at the weekend (largely based on "a bloke said in the pub").

Fri 30th

Nightlife closed on Health & Safety grounds Fri 30 July & Sat 31 July (source Ramsey Police Facebook).

Sat 31st

Nightlife closed for good. (source bloke in the pub)

Felton's Ironmongers asked brewery if they could rent space. Request declined because it was still going to be a pub. (source staff member of Feltons)

Nightlife to be refurbished and operated as a pub (source bloke in the pub)

Nightlife to be converted into new hub for monorail and also house a felt museum (source I just made it up)

Sun 1st

Three brewery suits carrying briefcases spotted going to a meeting with another Ramsey publican @ 1300. Nature of meeting unknown. (Source bloke in the pub)

Monday 2nd

Closed for good. (source some DJ bloke's facebook page)

So, as you can see, there are plenty of rumours but the only fact so far confirmed is that it was shut last weekend.

IIRC if the brewery sell one of their houses it is their normal practice to attach a "no pub" clause to the deal. It's really just commercial common sense. No point in selling and then have the new owner competing against you.

As for kept quiet, if a sale has taken place, then as soon as the deed is registered it will become a matter of public record. I wouldn't publicise a forthcoming property deal and I don't see why they should either.

Ive heard that there are plans to turn the mart into a temporary night club, heard that in the pub though. would be good though.

Relieved to learn that it is not the Saddle in Douglas to which you refer. The Barbary Coast ain't the same since they started putting essential oils into the sawdust on the Saddle floor.

• 9 months later...