Manx Tourism Bosses Celebrate Tv Campaign Success

- Paul -

Source

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Manx-tourism-bosses-celebrate-TV.6488659.jp

TOURISM bosses are celebrating its TV advertising campaign after independent researchers found it was a success.

The best bit

Based on 674 respondents from the UK and Ireland, aged between 25 and 60, Northumberland firm Dipsticks Research Limited found more than a quarter of people surveyed positively changed their opinion on the Isle of Man as an easy to get to, value-for-money destination.

There's got to be a joke there somewhere.

Based on 674 respondents from the UK and Ireland, aged between 25 and 60, Northumberland firm Dipsticks Research Limited found more than a quarter of people surveyed positively changed their opinion on the Isle of Man as an easy to get to, value-for-money destination.

But how many people negatively changed their minds that "the Isle of Man as an easy to get to, value-for-money destination." And how many of that 25% would actually go on to book a holiday here? surely its only a success when it has paid for itself and started to make a profit?

Rod Nipper? Is that joke name? Jesus Christ where do we find these people? How is it a success if 75% of people didn't change their mind about the island. of course I'm assuming they all hated it previously, but come on if I got 25% on an exam I'd hardly call that a success.

There's NOTHING funny about our taxes being used to hire a company called 'Dipstick', nor the Tourist Board getting euphoric about selected results.

They'll be asking us our thoughts on the Govts performance through a company called 'PissTake' next.

But it isn't is it? With any brand - perception has to match reality. They changed their opinion on the basis of the advert, and then tried to book on the steam packet site and realised quickly that £23 return was a complete unadulterated lie and gave up. Btw what sort of media company calls itself "dipstick"? It no doubt was a brand name designed to suggest they gauge the litmus test of public opinion but actually "dipstick" basically suggests a simpleton, an idiot, a person of low intellect. If they can't get their own brand right, God help them with ours.

Edited by thesultanofsheight

Personally I though the ad campaign was great, if all you want to do is walk coastal paths, chug around on old bikes or jump into the freezing cold sea! I wouldn't have minded it giving an idea of what regular nightlife or entertainment you can find and where, or what you can do other than the above with a handful of kids that you can't do somewhere else!

Btw what sort of media company calls itself "dipstick"? It no doubt was a brand name designed to suggest they gauge the litmus test of public opinion but actually "dipstick" basically suggests a simpleton, an idiot, a person of low intellect. If they can't get their own brand right, God help them with ours.

Judging by their client list and success in market research, I'm guessing it is you that is the 'dipstick', in a simpleton and person of low intellect context of course.

They seem to have got their branding bang on, by all accounts.

http://www.dipsticksresearch.com/work/