Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Scotteo

New Mexican Take-Out/delivery

I hear that a new mexican fast food joint has opened on Douglas Quay near Star Wash.

I'd often sauntered to my old work place whilst passing Coasters and came across the idea of a Tex Mex fast food place due to the niche in the Market. And hey presto! My prays have been answered!

Now I'm a Die Hard Tex-Mex lover and have atleast 1 night dedicated to hone my skills but the ingredients can often be expensive as it's usually just me who eats it (although I tend to make it last). So a take-out would be ideal.

The tester menu I managed to skeet my eyes over looks good in terms of price but my worry is that it is very very easy to get it wrong as, I'm afraid to say, Coasters have done on a few occasions (Enchiladas are supposed to be crispy round the edge not all soggy and drenched in cheese :( ). Also it dosn't seem like a very big establishment atm, more of a man in a van deal so I'm wary testing them out.

So anyone tried them out yet? Reviews would be much appreciated although regardless I think it might be worth a try. Maybe even tonight. Damn I love Tex-Mex :P

Do you have an establishment name or web site for them at all? I like Mexican food as well (the Robinsons wholesale place up by B&Q stock some stuff).

This is a good site for recipes Discovery Mexican Recipes and you can use alternatives to the Discovery range of produce.

Not at the moment, but I think the tester Menu is back at my house so I'll post it up later today.

Discovery's alright but IMO the Old El Paso spices and sauces are much nicer.

Edit: Although thanks for the link. There's a few things on there I've yet to try :)

Edited by Scotteo

I think it's called Chili Del Carmen , I got sent a link by a mate on facebook . Not sure exactly where it is though .

Tried to give them a ring tonight and they've said they've stopped trading for a bit

gutted

Edited by Rhumsaa