What Happens When You Spend Too Long On The Iom

worcester

I've been home in the UK for three months now after 4 years on the IOM. It's only when you get back that you really realise what a messed up little hole the IOM is. I can't believe that people there go to B&Q as a major trip or drive around and around the depressing roads of Port Erin like rats running around a wheel. Young men drive around the multi storey car park in Douglas at speed like it is the most exciting thing in the world(so funny/so wierd). The 20 year old lads are like overgrown 12 year olds;Slapping their friends on the back of their heads as a form of greeting in front of Douglas 'shoppers'(this is wierd). Pubs all have the telly blaring and the inbreds sit staring at the screen, completely plastered and itching for a fight. Politeness and manners are forgotten on the IOM. You soon stop saying 'please' and 'thank you' in shops as you will get the 'vacant' expression in return. Outsiders soon learn that you can only go out to a very few, select and expensive bars if you want to avoid the locals, who will swear at you or try to pick a fight with you for no reason, beyond the fact that you are not Manx. Just to remind you that you are 'isolated',in more ways than one, they stick that silly flag everywhere you look. God ! I am so happy not to see that ridiculous flag any more. Drive around the Cotswolds or the Malverns and you will see what beautiful countryside looks like, thatched cottages and tudor buildings, real history. If the Manx love their countryside so much, why do you hardly ever see any of them out enjoying it? Still who needs it when you can have your can of cider and wave your silly little flag in front of the telly ? You really are welcome to your rock in the middle of the sea and when the 'comeovers' leave what will you be left with ? Nothing.

What will be left is everything you said only more so.

The 20 year old lads will be middle aged men. All the Manx flags will be a pale shed of pink and in tatters, like all the ones stuck on lamp posts from Governors Hill entrance down to the roundabout. B&Q will have a few more burger vans and a B&Q BBQ roasting sheep brought down from the hills on Sundays.

etc.

Come back over and see us.

I do so love to touch a nerve in those who live in the land of the 'Wicker Man'. My point is, little chum, that you lead the blinkered existence.

So when given some facts you seem to to think you have somehow got at me. Weird. You seem to be another person with a portion of chips on your shoulder. Off you go now as I really shouldn't be feeding the trolls.

I've been home in the UK for three months now after 4 years on the IOM. It's only when you get back that you really realise what a messed up little hole the IOM is. I can't believe that people there go to B&Q as a major trip or drive around and around the depressing roads of Port Erin like rats running around a wheel. Young men drive around the multi storey car park in Douglas at speed like it is the most exciting thing in the world(so funny/so wierd). The 20 year old lads are like overgrown 12 year olds;Slapping their friends on the back of their heads as a form of greeting in front of Douglas 'shoppers'(this is wierd). Pubs all have the telly blaring and the inbreds sit staring at the screen, completely plastered and itching for a fight. Politeness and manners are forgotten on the IOM. You soon stop saying 'please' and 'thank you' in shops as you will get the 'vacant' expression in return. Outsiders soon learn that you can only go out to a very few, select and expensive bars if you want to avoid the locals, who will swear at you or try to pick a fight with you for no reason, beyond the fact that you are not Manx. Just to remind you that you are 'isolated',in more ways than one, they stick that silly flag everywhere you look. God ! I am so happy not to see that ridiculous flag any more. Drive around the Cotswolds or the Malverns and you will see what beautiful countryside looks like, thatched cottages and tudor buildings, real history. If the Manx love their countryside so much, why do you hardly ever see any of them out enjoying it? Still who needs it when you can have your can of cider and wave your silly little flag in front of the telly ? You really are welcome to your rock in the middle of the sea and when the 'comeovers' leave what will you be left with ? Nothing.

It was that bad yet you stuck it for four years?

You,re either spineless a retard

Or a Troll :)

I felt the same when I lived in Salford

Long tails! You win the prize for spotting 'Salford' is back on the thread again under a saucy name!!! She must have been re-employed over here and made redundant a second time.

Edited by manshimajin

OP. Palpable nonsense

I myself will be spending today admiring the new design milk cartons

So much to do - so little time