Trevor Baines

Max Power

1 minute ago, kevster said:

Are you confusing him with Hemmings?

I don't think so, it was more recent than that. I used to see TB in Tesco quite often.  I didn't know him personally,  but I heard that while he was inside he was quite kindly to other prisoners who had "lost their way" somewhat. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gladys said:

but I heard that while he was inside he was quite kindly to other prisoners who had "lost their way" somewhat. 

Heard the same.  Seems he became less of a twat through age, guilt or rehabilitation. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Newsdesk said:

Snobby but classless I believe Wendy used to do a party trick on the steam train booze ups in the 80s where she’d sit astride the bar with no knickers on and let them try to flick ice cubs into her snatch. 

properly lol'd at that, many thanks.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AOR said:

Trevor was one of our very own Manx Society Royalty. If the Governor held a bash, then Trevor and Wendy were likely invited. And on his 50th he held a birthday party the whole Island was invited to. Eunice Salmond (Fenella)  gave him plenty of column inches in her newspaper column, which is endorsement enough.

It seems Trevor did have something in common with Royalty.   In his interview with Paul Moulton, his version of events regarding his criminal convictions appears to suggest he was somewhat an unfortunate victim of circumstances.  When pressed by Moulton, Trevor didn't want to discuss it further.  The jury obviously didn't agree with Trevor's perception.  "Recollections may vary", as the late Queen once famously said.

6 minutes ago, Mysteron said:

Paul Moulton/Isle of Man TV posted about TB's death on Twitter on 1st August 2022. 

Yes here, though even that doesn't say when he died. 

I'm surprised there wasn't more coverage, but the Manx establishment didn't exactly cover itself in glory over the whole thing and no doubt no one wanted to revive those memories.

• Like 1