Richmond Hill Shut This Weekend

LINK

Published Date: 08 September 2010

RICHMOND Hill will be closed to traffic from 8am tomorrow (Saturday) until midnight on Sunday.

The road closure will allow Department of Infrastructure workers to tie the new road with the existing road at the southern end of the works and carry out bulk earthmoving operations.

When the road reopens, there will be temporary traffic signals between Rosehill Farm and Beaconsfield Cottage.

hese will operate until 8am next Saturday, September 18, when the road will close again until midnight the following day.

When the road reopens, there will be temporary traffic signals in place for about four weeks.

A further weekend closure will be required and announcements will be made closer to the time.

During the closures, the A5 will be closed from Spring Valley roundabout to Mount Murray Back Road, although access will be maintained for residents and emergency vehicles, and to businesses in the area, which will remain open as usual.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Meanwhile -

When the road is closed - sod all work will be carried out - as per the norm.

When the road is re-opened - sod all work will be carried out - as per the norm.

If they closed the whole road when they started that farse of improvement work then the whole lot could have been done and finished months ago.

Upon opening of the new road - it is expected that it will be closed hours later when there is a RTC at the top when someone gets rammed up the arse trying to turn right into the new ghost road.

The new road will then be made a 30mph (probably at a cost of some £100,000.00) which was all that was needed in the first place and Manx drivers forced to attend a 'how to drive round a bend' safety course put on by some blokes from the UK at a cost of £150,000.00 bringing to total bill for a couple of 30mph road signs to 3.25 million.

Still - it keeps people in work I suppose.

and the rest for old horses gets more free publicity

but still only opens Monday to Friday - 10 til 4

I think it is about time that we start a sweepstake on which date the first pilot leaves the road and they will land as apparently there is not a lot of banking going in on the cottage side of the road and the are also just filling in on top of the old road surface,

When will the State Opening occur and who will do it - Bollards Arkwright?

Gallery-State-Opening-Sta-004-745563.jpg

BTW who will own the 'reclaimed' bit of soil covered ex-road? Could it be turned into extra grazing for the horses?

I think it is about time that we start a sweepstake on which date the first pilot leaves the road and they will land as apparently there is not a lot of banking going in on the cottage side of the road and the are also just filling in on top of the old road surface,

i reckon if they get air born after leaving the road they may go far.

I gave it 6 months till somebody writes there car off

I'll take those odds. I was only saying to a mate the other day that I hope that as part of the £3m cost they are sticking a big armco round that outside bend otherwise some rocket pilot in a Scooby or an Evo is going a hell of a mess of themselves pretty quickly.

Never mind as that will then give the simpletons at the DOT the excuse to put a few sleeping policemen on the apex of the bend to get the traffic down to about 10 mph as a further "improvement".

Edited by thesultanofsheight

Never mind as that will then give the simpletons at the DOT the excuse to put a few sleeping policemen on the apex of the bend to get the traffic down to about 10 mph as a further "improvement".

..or the roundabout to nowhere...the Dot is good at roundabouts and they were not allowed to do the QBH one so they are due one by now...

In a few years time " The DoT have obtained funds from Tynwald to realign the road on Richmond Hill by reinstating a former road alignment which slowed the traffic to a safe speed at the top of the hill."

Has everyone noticed that, at present, Richmond hill is 2 lanes, with a 30mph limit that is policed and guess what?

NO ACCIDENTS. :crying:

Strange that...................

Theres been a couple as it happens.

Link? and I stand to be corrected.

he means he shat himself stuck at the lights.

Edited by WTF