Total Fuel To Sell Uk Forecourts Stations And Heating Oil

easylife

Total to sell petrol stations

Sep 10 2010 WalesOnline

French oil giant Total put its estate of almost 500 forecourts up for sale today as part of proposals to exit the petrol pump market in the UK.

Total, the world’s fourth largest energy group, is undertaking a review of its UK downstream operations but said it would not pull out of the country altogether as it will keep its aviation and lubricants businesses.

The group, which has been selling products in the UK for 55 years, is also investing £2.5 billion in its North Sea oil and gas exploration arm.

As well as 480 directly-owned forecourts, the proposed sale process covers Total’s agreement to supply 300 independent stations that carry its logo.

Russian energy behemoth Gazprom has been reported as a potential buyer of the branded service stations, which currently account for 9% of the UK market, selling more than three billion litres of fuel and lubricants each year.

A statement from Total UK confirmed the “strategic review” of its downstream operations – forecourts and heating oil – and that it was considering a sale.

Let's hope they are also selling the IoM ones as well as the UK

I noticed the other day that the airport garage has had a Manx Petroleums rebrand. Don't know if it's a one off or an indication of more things to come.

Don't know how good it'll be for the consumers if we're down to just one fuel supplier running a monopoly here though.

Edited by BigDave

I noticed the other day that the airport garage has had a Manx Petroleums rebrand. Don't know if it's a one off or an indication of more things to come.

Don't know how good it'll be for the consumers if we're down to just one fuel supplier running a monopoly here though.

You noticed!

They have advertising the re-branding of Manx Petroleum petrol stations on Manx Radio for some time now.

Are any of the stations owned by total, or are they just using there fuel.

could leave the door open for somebody eles to come in.

Who owns the tanks under peel. total or is it gov and leased back to total

You noticed!

They have advertising the re-branding of Manx Petroleum petrol stations on Manx Radio for some time now.

They may well have been but it was a Total station until it was "rebranded".

You noticed!

They may well have been but it was a Total station until it was "rebranded".

Indeed, a trick question! :P

Interesting, can't be doing with Shell though, that 1p per litre soon adds up :P

Interesting, can't be doing with Shell though, that 1p per litre soon adds up :P

mmmm not sure there I found I was getting a lot less mpg with the total shit so much so that the extra 1p for shell or mp now was worth it.