Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
- Paul -

License Cannabis Sales, Expert Says

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-11287130

Professor Roger Pertwee is to make the call in a speech at the British Science Association festival in Birmingham.

He is expected to say radical solutions have to be considered because he believes the current policy of criminalising cannabis is ineffective.

But the government insists decriminalisation would not work.

If you want a gun you have to get a licence and the police have to come to your house to see where you keep it locked up.

Maybe they should do something similar for people who'd like to grow a little bit of pot?

If you want a gun you have to get a licence and the police have to come to your house to see where you keep it locked up.

Maybe they should do something similar for people who'd like to grow a little bit of pot?

I think it's a good idea, trouble is the way things are going it'll be illegal to smoke it or anything else anywhere soon.

There is some merit in the suggestion that some people can be allowed to use it, good examples cancer sufferers and people with arthritis, two instnces where there is strong medical evidence it helps, so much so that N.I.C.E. have already approved it's use ready for the time it is made fully legal for medicinal use, to date I think you can only get it in a form of a THC tablet.

I don't use it and wouldn't if it were legal but its an obvious thing to do, isn't it?

*Phew*. I'm looking forward to when I won't have to smuggle it in my anal cavity. Tastes like shit that way.

The govrernment could consider growing cannabis for medical usage, as an export, using waste heat from one of its facilities.

sure theres an original outlay for the equipement, still cheap, and then years of low outlay.

The bonus being the staff would not object to taking their work home with them.

Edited by mæŋksmən

Legalising cannabis would reduce crime.

Why not legalise it?

A better question might well be why was it made illegal in the first place, by who, and what was their “angle”.

Looking into that makes for fascinating reading and a disturbing conclusion.

smokin pot is the most boring pass time ever,did it when i was younger after a few months got bored silly with it, sat around doin nowt in sad peoples houses,wastin your days away.legalise it tax it stop all the cops wastin time and stop everybody relying on booze to chill them out.reduction in alcohol related violence ,police catching real criminals more in come from tax ...and stops young kids hanging round real drug addicts

Legalising cannabis would reduce crime.

Why not legalise it?

A better question might well be why was it made illegal in the first place, by who, and what was their “angle”.

Looking into that makes for fascinating reading and a disturbing conclusion.

Apparently, cannabis i.e. hemp was made illegal in america in the 1800's by lobbyists acting on behalf of the cotton manufacturers and growers to combat the influx of hemp fabrics and the companies growing from that particular product, the UK adopted the same laws as did other countries across the British Empire and other sub serviant nations and it has stuck since.

I don't use and also wouldn't if it were made legal, however I would support any realistic and worthy efforts to atleast decriminalise or legalise it if it were properly taxed, monitored and distributed.

Apparently, cannabis i.e. hemp was made illegal in america in the 1800's by lobbyists acting on behalf of the cotton manufacturers and growers to combat the influx of hemp fabrics and the companies growing from that particular product, the UK adopted the same laws as did other countries across the British Empire and other sub serviant nations and it has stuck since.

I don't use and also wouldn't if it were made legal, however I would support any realistic and worthy efforts to atleast decriminalise or legalise it if it were properly taxed, monitored and distributed.

Today 'Hemp' is legal.

There are no laws in the US that make possession of hemp illegal, this includes the sterilized seed, hemp seed oil, hemp seed flour, hemp seed cake, hulled hemp seeds, hemp clothing, hemp fabrics, hemp fuel or any other product made from INDUSTRIAL HEMP.

It's the THC content they don't like.