Tt And Mgp Future

Max Power

I wouldn't disagree with what you all say, the key is to try and integrate the Mountain Circuit/TT experience somehow into an alternative event/circuit. The old hands may not be totally happy with this but neither would anyone be happy if the event suddenly stopped, never to run again.

I'd love to think that we can carry on forever, the event getting better and better year by year, but all I am really suggesting here is that we should begin to look at alternatives before it is too late.

Once it is gone, there will be a much harder task in trying to revive any aspect of it

No F1 driver would name Malaysia as his favourite track - but they'll go on about Suzuka and Spa all day long.

I accept your point, but just because some are crap, doesn't mean all new circuits are notliked - India's Buddh circuit was called 'awesome' (Rosberg), 'fantasitc' (Hamilton) and 'great fun' (Button), while the Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas, was 'spectacular' (Alonso), 'a great driver's track' (Hamilton) and 'fun' (Webber).

Then there's Motorland Aragon, which the bike guys seem to like.

My point is, you can't say a new track will definitely not be different enough to bring interest before anyone has even drawn a pencil map on the back of a beer mat.

Or you could ask someone like Eddie Irvine, whose favourite corner at Magny Cours was "the left turn out of the paddock on the way to the airport".

They all say nice things for the PR people, but that doesn't make any of the circuits you named their favourite or anything like it.

Once again, you knew that already, didn't you.

Angels on a pinhead, and it doesn't change the fact that a modern-spec race track of ANY design could not have enough differences built in to make it worth the extra time and money spent on getting here, as many others have pointed out far more eloquently than I have.

There is, therefore, no point in building such a circuit (even if we could afford it, see above) and all discussions of this nature are pie in the sky.

Monorail, anyone?

• Like 1

Yeah, I did. I suppose I am just selfishly hoping someone with more money than sense comes along and builds Laguna Seca in my back garden, then pays for bikes and cars to race around it for my gratification.

A man can dream

You never know, where do you live? wink.png

Yeah, I did. I suppose I am just selfishly hoping someone with more money than sense comes along and builds Laguna Seca in my back garden, then pays for bikes and cars to race around it for my gratification.

A man can dream

You never know, where do you live? wink.png

The best thing about Laguna Seca (which is actually quite a dreary circuit) isn't The Corkscrew. It's Monterey, just ten miles down the road. And that's the point we've got to live with. An Isle of Man racetrack won't be close to ANY population group large enough to sustain it, and it will always be four days and four hundred quid away.

That is all.