Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
rod

Stupid Parkpermit In Douglas

I know a builder across who uses an MPV (-seats) as his works vehicle. Can go on boat at car rates, get parking permit, probably cheaper road tax too.

And locally, theres a company who parks 2 bastard big vans in central douglas, disks pre-set to 8am (so they don't move until at least 10 am), the nearby shop must love them..

He could get a Damdara estate house, residents there seem to park anywhere, on pavements, corners, junctions or outside their empty driveway! Ah, pride in ones home area.

Another parking problem is selfishly leaving a couple of metres space to drive straight out in the morning. A couple of drivers doing this and the street loses a parking space.

Have not read all of topic but......

I have a disc parking permit which enables me to park my car out side of my house, except for that I have to move it daily...which is stupid and irritating and other things, so there.

there is a slight technical loophole which you can use but it depends on what type van you have and how it is written up in the logbook,

long as it's written as a mpv and not a panel van you can have a permit, for it to be a mpv it needs to have more than 3seats with full belts and have glazed panels in the back normally the first too behind the doors, i know for fact that ex AA or rac Vw t4 van can and have been given permits in the past

Welcome to the world of vans

No parking permit

Limited to 40 mph (most of them)

Subject to the 3rd degree anytime you want to go on the boat.

No sympathy from MF users

etc

The Bees, does that 'in use every day' rule still apply?

Effectively would discourage retired people and those who live within walking distance of work and town from living in old Dlas town.

If the rule is still there but not applied, it should be removed.

......I'm not allowed to park my VAN all day long in front of my home without changing the clock every 2h??? wtf huh.gif

Is there anything what I can do? thanks a lot!!

(and it's actuelly not an option for me to move or to sell the VAN)

Yes. you should try chatting to Councillor Pitts who, at any given time has, not only a private parking space at the front of his house, but a fleet of what I estimate to be about 6 red vans filling up certain lower Douglas streets every day of the week. He must know how it can be sorted?....

Edited by Gilly G. Ossenfeffer

The Bees, does that 'in use every day' rule still apply?

Effectively would discourage retired people and those who live within walking distance of work and town from living in old Dlas town.

If the rule is still there but not applied, it should be removed.

The rule still applies, but I can go for weeks without moving my car and nobody does anything.

Just turn up at the Crappy Corpy offices and say "I'm Claude Rod Damn Van" and "I'm gonna kick arse if this isn't sorted"...and see what happens...

...you might even get a sequel.

there is a slight technical loophole which you can use but it depends on what type van you have and how it is written up in the logbook,

long as it's written as a mpv and not a panel van you can have a permit, for it to be a mpv it needs to have more than 3seats with full belts and have glazed panels in the back normally the first too behind the doors, i know for fact that ex AA or rac Vw t4 van can and have been given permits in the past

well actuelly the logbook says its a van but it does have more than 3 seats and the side -and the backdoor glazed like a mpv, so may I can change it from van to mpv?! and than I could try again to get a permit for the van?! well....