Smoking Outside The Hospital

Fossils

I drive an elderly relative to the Hospital about every 4-6 weeks for check-ups. While I've been in the car park, or at the collection area, I've been amazed/shocked by the percentage of people that emerge from the Hospital and instantly light up a fag. Outdoors around the Hospital must have poorer air quality than anywhere else on the Island.

Does the panel think that smoking should be banned around the main entrance to the Hospital?

stansted_airport_to_clamp_down_on_smokers.jpg

Edited by Fossils

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why should it? Are such people standing in the way of the entrance?

If it blows in your face then at least that's something to complain about.

I think it's just the principle of it really. Doesn't bother me particularly. I think they should provide an area to the side of the hospital, nearer to the wards, so that pregnant women about to give birth , people with lung and heart conditions, etc, don't have to walk so far.

Edited by Twitch

Maybe they do not enforce the existing exclusion zone? Though I personally think this would be a waste of someone's valuable time. As long as people aren't smoking inside the hospital then really what's the problem - live and let live etc.

I'm a smoker and at the hosp twice a day.....

I usually stick to the signs (go over near the bus stop) but if its raining I admit I go under the cover.

Its a hard life for us smokers, can't smoke here or there but we have an addiction...........

Does the panel think that smoking should be banned around the main entrance to the Hospital?

Maybe; instead of wasting valuable resources on elderly pensioners with only a few years to live; they could just be culled, perhaps along with a few of their more mincing relatives. This could save us £Millions a year.

I think the clue that such a move might be unpopular was in your own post, highlighting the large percentage that come outside for a smoke.

They are outside...so leave people alone to live their own lives, and get your own life right before lecturing others how to live theirs. Unless of course you are 'perfect', and will 'live forever' as all anti-smokers seem to believe?

What is it with people thinking they have the right to tell people how they should live? Educate yes, legislate and ban - no!