Dr Dirk Hoehmann In Court

BUPA

well must be new to them then as they pay for the tretment from him

Agree - Surgery in September paid for by BUPA and to be honest found the man to be very professional and knowledgeable - plus the problem is now corrected - would question the overnight stay though - I reckon had it been NHS would have been home that night.

actually now a bit worried - a demand just arrived stating that the bill has not been paid and is 30 days overdue.....obv bupa have not paid yet - pooping my pants - cant afford to pay it myself just before christmas.............

best thing i can say to do is ring BUPA and ask why it has not been paid,

is it for the full amount or just the extra charge over the BUPA limit.

If its for the full amount ask them why its not going to be paid, As with me a certian doctor lied in his notes to BUPA about the reason it was done. And left me with a huge bill that is still un paid 4 years later, And it can stay that way.

Just make sure you have all the info you can get, as you may well need it

Edited by gazza
  • Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oooh I knew I knew that name. Right, see this then this ...there is another part but I can't remember it, my friend and I were rooting at something on the internet and found it - it was all a bit curi

Yes, remanded in custody until his plea date at General Gaol

Why do these things take so long? Original story in November 2010.

Posted Images

BUPA

Agree - Surgery in September paid for by BUPA and to be honest found the man to be very professional and knowledgeable - plus the problem is now corrected - would question the overnight stay though - I reckon had it been NHS would have been home that night.

actually now a bit worried - a demand just arrived stating that the bill has not been paid and is 30 days overdue.....obv bupa have not paid yet - pooping my pants - cant afford to pay it myself just before christmas.............

If its for the full amount ask them why its not going to be paid, As with me a certian doctor lied in his notes to BUPA about the reason it was done. And left me with a huge bill that is still un paid 4 years later, And it can stay that way.

I had a similar problem last year with Mr Hoehmann. I had several appointments with him and paid up by return post on receipt of his accounts. I then claimed it back from my medical insurers. Several weeks after the first account was paid, I received a "reminder" stating that I was overdue in payment to the tune of £450 for the first appointment. I contacted his secretary, who had a very abrupt attitude towards me implying that Mr Hoehmann does not make mistakes in his accounts and that I must send cheque stubbs and bank account statments to back up my claim. I refused to do this but simply wrote a letter stating dates, cheque numbers etc. Several days later I received a statment saying this account had been paid but there was no apology. Whilst I found Mr Hoehmann's medical treatment excellent, I think his accountancy skills were not quite up to speed.

BUPA

I had a similar problem last year with Mr Hoehmann. I had several appointments with him and paid up by return post on receipt of his accounts. I then claimed it back from my medical insurers. Several weeks after the first account was paid, I received a "reminder" stating that I was overdue in payment to the tune of £450 for the first appointment. I contacted his secretary, who had a very abrupt attitude towards me implying that Mr Hoehmann does not make mistakes in his accounts and that I must send cheque stubbs and bank account statments to back up my claim. I refused to do this but simply wrote a letter stating dates, cheque numbers etc. Several days later I received a statment saying this account had been paid but there was no apology. Whilst I found Mr Hoehmann's medical treatment excellent, I think his accountancy skills were not quite up to speed.

bloody hell you were lucky to get hold of his secretary, i never could ever in 3 years, and if i did it was a stand in person that said to call back in a week when somebody was there that knew what was going on.

so still to this day i havent spoke to his secretary. and as i pointed out in part of my letter to his lawyer,

If you think getting me to pay this bill is like getting blood out of a stone, then you should try and contact his secretary, while your at it i just seen some flying pigs holding a race with some unicorns and a leprecon being the judge, Im sure if you look at the window you got a better chance to see them than talking to the secretary.

i hope his lawyer enjoyed reading it :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

If I've understood this right the £750,000(ish) he is being pursued for over here is actually his salary since he started employment. The allegations of his failure to disclose previous misdemeanours in Germany means he is accused of being employed under false pretences and thereby being fraudulently paid. That in itself is obviously a crime. I assume that the authorities here are talking to the German authorities, who I expect are keen to catch up with him as well.

what the hell is going on at nobles? 1 ENT consultant in prison, 2 eye consultants suspended, general surgeons told not to do keyhole operations following serious complications. police checks not being carried out on foreign doctors, and management turning a blind eye to several unexplained patient deaths following surgery. its amaizing what you can learn in the rosemount and cat with no tail for just two drinks

According to my amazing contacts in the Market and the Albert the only bit of your post that is in any way true is that an ENT Consultant is in prison. The rest is total bollocks.

*Just had that confirmed in the the back bar of the Saddle....

How can you say with any conviction that what was said was bollocks? The suspension of the eye surgeons is public knowledge and therefore fact. The suspension of laparoscopic surgery can really only come from an insider so that could be fact? Police checks obviously haven't been carried out efficiently so that's near enough fact. Gossip in pubs is subjective as to who you are speaking to and their affiliation to Nobles surely?

There are none so blind than them that will not see.

And remember that Politicians have done thorough checks up at the hospital and all is well. All is well.

The only problem is those pesky conspiracy theorists who use them there internet chatroom thingies.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably going off on a slight tangent what with the way this thread has gone..... but I have to say I couldn't be happier with whats happened to this guy, and I agree with one earlier poster who said it couldn't have happened to a more deserving person.

I've had 2 ops by Mr Hoehmann and the whole thing was a nightmare from start to finish. Both ops were paid for by my Employer through AXA PPP (total amount for both approx £15k) and at least every other bill was chased for 'late payment' when I had clear monthly statements from AXA confirming exact dates each one was paid. His secretary (when she bothered to answer the phone) was extremely rude, and I too had the phrase 'Mr Hoehmann does not make mistakes on his accounts' repeated to me so many times I began to think that was the ony thing she was allowed to say. I was chased by his solicitors on 2 ocasions so had to provided certified copies of my AXA statements, and even after I'd receieved a letter from them saying all accounts were upto date I recieved a letter from a County Court judgement company in the UK who were chasing the same bill. I've actually yet to hear from them, even though I forwarded all documentation to them and despite several attempts to phone them... Eventually I refused to be treated by him anymore, and now he's actually been removed from the hospitals staff I might finally feel comfortable going back to the Drs to get the problem sorted once and for all.

I could go on and on, and mine isn't even the worst story I know about the treatment given by this guy and his dreadful secretary. I complained to Nobles but was fobbed off, so I guess its nice to see an investigation was probably already underway at the time.