Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Hillside

Fishing Spree?

A dozen or so small trawlers fishing about a mile outside PSM breakwater first thing this morning, what would they be catching? They were all grouped fairly close together.

My guess would be Blue Whale, or maybe tuna.

I'm crap at fishing thou'.

Scallops - busy ripping up the seabed so nothing else lives there !

ETA: Quite a few of Port Erin too

Edited by theambo

A dozen or so small trawlers fishing about a mile outside PSM breakwater first thing this morning, what would they be catching? They were all grouped fairly close together.

Fish?

Your mum.

There is an article here at the Guardian today about the new Isle of Man scallop regulations.

Intensive overfishing by massive trawlers around the Isle of Man is threatening the marine ecosystem. A flotilla of huge vessels sails in for two weeks every November, takes the cream of the crop and then disappears for 50 weeks until the start of the next scallop season.

There is an article here at the Guardian today about the new Isle of Man scallop regulations.

Intensive overfishing by massive trawlers around the Isle of Man is threatening the marine ecosystem. A flotilla of huge vessels sails in for two weeks every November, takes the cream of the crop and then disappears for 50 weeks until the start of the next scallop season.

The Scottish fisheries minister, Richard Lochhead, has called it a "war" against Scots.

Excellent. When do we start?

Cool when do we start against the 'Oatmeal Savages' I'm gona buy me a MTB and sink a few ships Woooooo Hoooooo

Your mum.

Anigav, unfortunately she died from cancer in 1996, do you normally post such offensive content?

How can you call that offensive, when Anigav obviously didnt know about your mum? And why do you feel it necessary to tell him/her what your mother died of, surely just telling them she was no longer with us would have been enough or are you looking to upset them or cause a row!!!!

Edited by Nance

I'm pleased and impressed that Andy Read stuck to his guns on this. Well done that man.