Starbuck's, Wetherspoons, Burger King...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if i remember right when the job adverts were placed for starbucks it said to serve approx 450 people, which is roughly the capacity of the Ben. maybe starbucks will also take over the vacant cafe in the sea terminal now that they've joined up with the racket

I know Starbuck's has been mentioned recently, could be going somewhere down near the Jubilee clock. Wetherspoons for the Woolworths site? And maybe even Burger King, in the old Spar newsagents across from KFC? Anyone hear anything?

Wouldnt Weatherspoons be a bit big for Woolies? In any event the brewery would bombard planning with objections or cite a major closing down scheme (a la steam packet) if they were allowed to set up shop.

I know Starbuck's has been mentioned recently, could be going somewhere down near the Jubilee clock. Wetherspoons for the Woolworths site? And maybe even Burger King, in the old Spar newsagents across from KFC? Anyone hear anything?

Wouldnt Weatherspoons be a bit big for Woolies? In any event the brewery would bombard planning with objections or cite a major closing down scheme (a la steam packet) if they were allowed to set up shop.

These Witherspoons or however they spell it are big bizzo! Real boozing and eating factories but with a NAAFI atmosphere. Where I am they open at 7am ("for coffee" but also drink) I see people staggering in at 7 am for booze having been out all night but that is how the Island used to be in the old days. Round the clock. The brewery may well act as the depot for such an operation but maybe Woollies would serve as believe me this firm has a big turnover (and Mezeron can charter an extra ship!) I asked one manager how they did it and he said the prices directly reflected the rent and taxes on each site. Low rents, low tax cheap prices. One thing, their prices and range of meals will bankrupt everyone else and one wonders how the nearest local product "Quid's Inn" will manage?(Barrie Stevens)

These Witherspoons or however they spell it are big bizzo! Real boozing and eating factories but with a NAAFI atmosphere.

NAAFI = No Ambition And Fuck all Interest as the old barrackroom saying goes, yet another big corperate entity hell bent on wiping out the small independant at any cost.

These Witherspoons or however they spell it are big bizzo! Real boozing and eating factories but with a NAAFI atmosphere.

I suspect a typo - it ought to be 'naff' atmosphere.

Where I am they open at 7am ("for coffee" but also drink) I see people staggering in at 7 am for booze having been out all night but that is how the Island used to be in the old days. Round the clock.

It never was - you're simply lying about that.

The brewery may well act as the depot for such an operation but maybe Woollies would serve as believe me this firm has a big turnover (and Mezeron can charter an extra ship!)

For a population of 80,000? You really are a fantasist, aren't you?

I asked one manager how they did it and he said the prices directly reflected the rent and taxes on each site. Low rents, low tax cheap prices.

i.e. Cheapest production-line ready-made meals defrosted and warmed up.

One thing, their prices and range of meals will bankrupt everyone else and one wonders how the nearest local product "Quid's Inn" will manage?(Barrie Stevens)

The only person who fits that description is Barrie Stevens - suffering a bankruptcy of ideas and knowledge.

I see the Racket sell Starbucks coffee. That must be money well spent, given all the other places I might choose to buy my coffee from while at sea

Ah well time to invest in a new flask me thinks.

I would welcome all 3, Burger kingis better than McDonalds, Wetherspoons is cheap and Starbucks does nice brews.

Good times in my opinion

I remember putting something on here and was slated for my views on fast food.

My views still hold true that I am happier to pay a low price for alright food and low standard service e.g macdonalds than high price for mediocre food in some of our supposedly fine dining restaurants and be served by some arrogant shit who thinks he is superior due to the fact he wears a suit to serve me my veal cutlets etc.

I would welcome all 3, Burger kingis better than McDonalds, Wetherspoons is cheap and Starbucks does nice brews.

Good times in my opinion

I remember putting something on here and was slated for my views on fast food.

My views still hold true that I am happier to pay a low price for alright food and low standard service e.g macdonalds than high price for mediocre food in some of our supposedly fine dining restaurants and be served by some arrogant shit who thinks he is superior due to the fact he wears a suit to serve me my veal cutlets etc.

Problem there is Mcshite kfc etc cannot really be classed as food unless you like eating animal waste products and producing obese kids