Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Tempus Fugit

Snow !

DOI

"Police are asking for abandond Vehicles to be recovered from the Castletown-Douglas Rd ASAP"

http://twitter.com/#!/iominfra

I suppose they need the roads to be gritted so that vehicles can actually move :lol:

what comes first, the chicken or the egg ?

perfect excuse to post my favourite car ad of all times again:

It's marketing genius :)

Spent the afternoon outside building a snowman with my son and had a blast. We also went out to try to find a snow shovel and had no success at B&Q. Anyone have a good suggestion where to get one?

FFS! Tell us about the schools tomorrow, someone. My kids won't give me any peace until I find out if they're free tomorrow or not.

I see KWC and Buchan will be closed so it's probably safe to assume the other schools will be too ?

FFS! Tell us about the schools tomorrow, someone. My kids won't give me any peace until I find out if they're free tomorrow or not.

I see KWC and Buchan will be closed so it's probably safe to assume the other schools will be too ?

well they never make a decision until the morning anyway, so you won't know until then.

Edit: I STAND CORRECTED!

Edited by iom_cb

They say all school bus routes have now been gritted, I live on a school bus route and the road outside hasn't seen a gritter all day.

Mine has, never realised how spoilt I was in the past with a gritted road, until I drove on it before!

Your best bet at the moment is to check the schools closure page on Three:

http://www.three.fm/school-closures/

and the DoE twitter stream at

http://twitter.com/#!/iomeducation

their last tweets read:

We will contact the media, who are always great to broadcast/publish closures quickly, so keep an ear to the radio/eye on websites. Thanks.

and

Pavements near schools are now being treated by DoI Operations teams ready for the morning.

well they never make a decision until the morning anyway, so you won't know until then.

Energy have tweeted -

"Statement expected tonight from Dept of Education on School closures tomorrow - let you know when we know! #iom"

Seriously? So you have to drag them out of bed in the early hours and get them ready, to send them back to bed again? Whose stupid idea is that?

King William's College And The Buchan Closed Tomorrow

http://www.three.fm/newscentre/isle-of-man-news/king-williams-college-and-the-buchan-closed-tomorrow-2588

King William's college and The Buchan will not be opening tomorrow.

Bursar John Oates told 3FM; 'We have taken the deicsion to close the schools tomorrow due to the adverse weather in the south of the Island. We will make a further decision about Tuesday tomorrow afternoon.'

A few tips from some one that lives where a forcast of 6-8inches of snow is the norm for a winter day....

A little kitty litter sprinkled under tires will help with traction if you get stuck on ice.

Slow down and put it in low gear.

Or just invest in some Autosocks! Mind you if you have to invest in them now it is too late as the snow will be gone by the time they arrive.

They work brilliantly.

They say all school bus routes have now been gritted, I live on a school bus route and the road outside hasn't seen a gritter all day.

Mine has, never realised how spoilt I was in the past with a gritted road, until I drove on it before!

Just been out and taken these from outside Port St Mary school.

post-73-066607300 1290969970_thumb.jpg post-73-066607300 1290969970_thumb.jpg post-73-066607300 1290969970_thumb.jpg

post-73-030929600 1290969989_thumb.jpg

post-73-035669100 1290970010_thumb.jpg

Seriously? So you have to drag them out of bed in the early hours and get them ready, to send them back to bed again? Whose stupid idea is that?

How awful for you.

Just in from Three FM:

DoE say all schools across the Isle of Man are closed tomorrow.

Energy make a liar out of me.

From Dept of Education, ALL school's across the Island are CLOSED tomorrow! #IOM