• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Demesne Road was a death trap this morning. Attempted to stop at the Junction to Bucks Road, and no... car went right through across the main road. So very fortunate that there were no other cars around!

I had initially stopped about 10 metres from the junction to allow someone cross the road in front of me. Travelled the further 10 metres to the junction at less than 5 mph... and slid right through.

Demesne Road was a death trap this morning. Attempted to stop at the Junction to Bucks Road, and no... car went right through across the main road. So very fortunate that there were no other cars around!

I had initially stopped about 10 metres from the junction to allow someone cross the road in front of me. Travelled the further 10 metres to the junction at less than 5 mph... and slid right through.

Yeah, same happened on Friday afternoon, I saw two cars coming to the junction and sliding straight out onto Bucks Road. So slippery.

I've managed it twice today so far with no problem, just have to appraoch the halt sign with caution and respect. You were't the one who went throught the halt sign sideways without stopping at about 12:50 were you

I've managed it twice today so far with no problem, just have to appraoch the halt sign with caution and respect. You were't the one who went throught the halt sign sideways without stopping at about 12:50 were you

No. I went through at 11:00am. Sounds like a lot of cars are sliding and it's very dangerous. I went up with caution too... but the car simply didn't stop.

Advisable to avoid it entirely.

Advisable to avoid it entirely.

I'll have to do it a third time on the way home later. I did see a corpy van that had just gritted the old hospital surgery heading down so I wonder if they're going to spreas some around at the end. Doubt they will do though.

Isle of Man 4 wheel drive club help deliver meals on wheels http://fb.me/GtzTXeDs

I guess that's the same club that got hassled by a bunch of green loonies on their beach drive a while ago? Big motors to the rescue :)

Also in the news:

IOM Airport Director says the airport still has some de-icer for runways but the airlines agent have none for aircraft

sent via web

On Twitter:

Steam trains have been running today, Douglas to Port Erin and back. I've heard and seen them from afar, but couldn't tell if they were carrying passengers. Does anyone know what's going on?

Fuck all use if they don't tell people and get them filled with commuters.