Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
EORH

Petrol Prices

im willing to take the hit on petrol just to see the smugness wiped off the faces of those who have taken great delight in informing us of their recent switch to oil, abandoning us to pay the debt on our own

If energy costs increase you will be the first feel the size of the Manx Gas 'rising price of energy' excuse as their strap on hits you deep and in the ass. Unlucky.

I wonder how long it will be before Manx Utilities cotton on to the increased standing charge option? Nice little earner for zero effort !

They already have, didn't you hear Alf Cannon waxing on how we are on a reasonable level with the UK, what he forgot to mention was that our unit prices are nearly double that of the UK.

If people check their Electricity bills, they will see that in 2015 the prices of the KWHs and Standing charges went up three times, when gas wholesale prices were dropping by 47% over the year, example Standing Charge from 11p to 15p and now 19.5p, KWHs from 15p to 16.01, and then 16.25p, now we are given a KWH of 16p, but a big Standing Charge of 19.5p, so it's a big rise overall.

To my shame I have not checked the bills. What prompted my concern was that a caller on the radio ( forget which day ) said that the gas standing charge had gone from 15p per day to £2 per day ( ie over 700 quid per year ). Can this really be true ? I don't have gas so can't verify that unfortunately.

I am not prepared to shoulder my portion of this debt ( though I have little choice of course ) - since it was incurred in a most shameful way under the noses of the people who are , or should be responsible. Now if that makes me a bad citizen - well I can live with that - rather in the same way that I have to live with a bad Government and bad Civil Service both of whom make bad decisions.

im willing to take the hit on petrol just to see the smugness wiped off the faces of those who have taken great delight in informing us of their recent switch to oil, abandoning us to pay the debt on our own

If energy costs increase you will be the first feel the size of the Manx Gas 'rising price of energy' excuse as their strap on hits you deep and in the ass. Unlucky.

I wonder how long it will be before Manx Utilities cotton on to the increased standing charge option? Nice little earner for zero effort !

They already have, didn't you hear Alf Cannon waxing on how we are on a reasonable level with the UK, what he forgot to mention was that our unit prices are nearly double that of the UK.

If people check their Electricity bills, they will see that in 2015 the prices of the KWHs and Standing charges went up three times, when gas wholesale prices were dropping by 47% over the year, example Standing Charge from 11p to 15p and now 19.5p, KWHs from 15p to 16.01, and then 16.25p, now we are given a KWH of 16p, but a big Standing Charge of 19.5p, so it's a big rise overall.

To my shame I have not checked the bills. What prompted my concern was that a caller on the radio ( forget which day ) said that the gas standing charge had gone from 15p per day to £2 per day ( ie over 700 quid per year ). Can this really be true ? I don't have gas so can't verify that unfortunately.

I am not prepared to shoulder my portion of this debt ( though I have little choice of course ) - since it was incurred in a most shameful way under the noses of the people who are , or should be responsible. Now if that makes me a bad citizen - well I can live with that - rather in the same way that I have to live with a bad Government and bad Civil Service both of whom make bad decisions.

Ours has increased from 15.7p to 103.7p per day as of 01/01/2016 ohmy.pngmad.gif

Not sure, but maybe because they're a monopoly and there's nobody to stop them?

• Like 2

Here you go

How the fuck did they get away with that?

Aided and abbeted by those nice chaps at the OFT.

• Like 1

Standing Charge now 213ppD for Band H if you're unlucky enough to be a Band H'er.

Nothing more than thinly veiled robbery. OFT needs renaming.

Office of Criminal Activity Approval.

That truly is taking the piss.I hope you guys have reported it to the OFT based on what Quirk said in hok the other week unless they get specific cases they unable to act.

That truly is taking the piss.I hope you guys have reported it to the OFT based on what Quirk said in hok the other week unless they get specific cases they unable to act.

What can you report though? It's so fucking complicated who can actually be arsed working out if it's comparable to previous bills or not? They've pulled a stroke and obviously feel they'll get away with it, and they probably will. Bastards.

Here you go

Jeez - nearly had a conniptive fit after seeing that ...

If I was on gas , I'd switch to oil to spite 'em even if I was out of pocket. Office of Fair Trading - how deeply ironic !

Am I wrong - or didn't we the taxpayer stump up for a new natural gas distribution network a few years ago ? which Manx Gas are now using ...

You couldn't write a comedy script as funny as this Government - really they're naturals at fecking things up ( it is they who allowed MG to guarantee a 10% ROI isn't it ? )

• Like 1

Smug fuckers in so called "eco vehicles" are also in for a big shock next year.

Why are they smug?

Smug fuckers in so called "eco vehicles" are also in for a big shock next year.

Why are they smug?

Because their usually the type to brag about paying little or no road tax.

What can you report though? It's so fucking complicated who can actually be arsed working out if it's comparable to previous bills or not? They've pulled a stroke and obviously feel they'll get away with it, and they probably will. Bastards.

You've set a little challenge for me now.

Here we go - someone point out if I've made any glaring errors.

The numbers are to two decimal places. But the full costs are in the cells

Completed based on Manx Gas saying its average annual usage that detemines the tariff you're on

"The standing charge bands are based on the actual annual gas consumption for your property for up to five previous years (depending on the age of your property and the history available). We will be reviewing every customer after a three month period and then annually thereafter"

post-16851-0-22392000-1457514171_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jam_Sandwich